Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Food Mix Help!

2 posters

Go down

New Food Mix Help! Empty New Food Mix Help!

Post by Oreoandfriends Fri 22 May 2020, 9:57 pm

Hello!
I’ve been researching better foods for my mice and I’ve ultimately made a plan of what I want to do but I’d love to hear from some more experienced owners on what you think about it! I don’t feel comfortable making a homemade mix at the moment because I wouldn’t want to mess something up so I’m doing my best with store bought mixes.
The diet I’ve planned out consists of:
40% -Higgins Sunburst Gourmet rat and mouse food
30%- Vitakraft Vitasmart Parakeet food
30%- Supreme Science Selective rat food
With this mix the guaranteed analysis would come out to:
Protein- 13.4%
Fat- 5.5%
Fiber- 6.3%
There are some potential allergens in some of the foods but it’s pretty difficult to avoid from what I’ve researched and my current mice don’t seem to have allergies. I’d love to hear your opinions on this.

On another note, I am in contact with a local breeder and I’ll be picking up 2 young female mice from them on the 25th which I plan on introducing to my current older pair of females. I’ve never done introductions before with mice but I’ve done a lot of research so hopefully it goes smoothly Smile

Oreoandfriends
Oreoandfriends
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

New Food Mix Help! Empty Re: New Food Mix Help!

Post by Robin~ Sun 24 May 2020, 7:50 am

Looks like a great mix to me. Good luck. Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum