Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long should I be handling my mouse everyday?

3 posters

Go down

How long should I be handling my mouse everyday?  Empty How long should I be handling my mouse everyday?

Post by ArnoldTheMouse Sat 23 May 2020, 8:57 pm

Not sure if I’m posting this in the right place... can someone explain to me how to ask questions on here Bc I feel like I’m doing it wrong. Anyways, I’ve been handling my male mouse everyday around the time he wakes up and is active at night. But I’m not sure If I’m giving him enough attention. Approximately how long should I be handling him and interacting with him each day? He lives alone in a 20 gal tank with the necessities and a bunch of hanging toys for him to climb on and play with. Hopefully he’s not bored and is happy. Very Happy
ArnoldTheMouse
ArnoldTheMouse

Back to top Go down

How long should I be handling my mouse everyday?  Empty Re: How long should I be handling my mouse everyday?

Post by Robin~ Sun 24 May 2020, 7:53 am

Generally the recommendation is to spend as much time with your male as possible. This should be at least a couple hours each day. Even if you're not physically playing with him, just having him on your shoulder while you work gives him that companionship. Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

How long should I be handling my mouse everyday?  Empty Re: How long should I be handling my mouse everyday?

Post by ArnoldTheMouse Sun 24 May 2020, 11:56 am

Robin~ wrote:Generally the recommendation is to spend as much time with your male as possible. This should be at least a couple hours each day. Even if you're not physically playing with him, just having him on your shoulder while you work gives him that companionship. Smile
Thank you. How can I do that without worrying that he’s pooping and peeing everywhere. I’ve heard of litter training mice but also heard that it’s almost impossible. Here’s an idea: do you know those bonding pouches they have for sugar gliders and rats? Do you think that work for mice? Or would he probably just freak out about being in there?
ArnoldTheMouse
ArnoldTheMouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Sun 24 May 2020, 12:04 pm

ArnoldTheMouse wrote:
Thank you. How can I do that without worrying that he’s pooping and peeing everywhere. I’ve heard of litter training mice but also heard that it’s almost impossible. Here’s an idea: do you know those bonding pouches they have for sugar gliders and rats? Do you think that work for mice? Or would he probably just freak out about being in there?

Unfortunately, mice can’t control where they poop, but they tend to not urinate on you provided you smell like them. Using a dedicated “mouse (sweat)shirt” can help with this.

I’ve never used those pouches with mice but I don’t recommend them. The ventilation in there is pretty poor for an animal with a sensitive respiratory system.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by katafrat Sun 24 May 2020, 8:39 pm

hi! your little mousie boy looks so happy and healthy. <3 im so glad youre taking such good care of him!

i had a lone female for a while, so i was in your boat for a little bit. i would say.. just as often as you can. all night long obviously isn't realistic, but even setting up a little playpen for him for an hour or two while you supervise and do your nightly things will work just fine! Kiss

just note that mice are escape artists... so providing a playpen is an option, but making sure it's mouse proof. (a top, no climbing out, etc.)

i hope this helps! and he is too freaking cute.

katafrat
katafrat

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum