Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legumes/Diet Research Sources

2 posters

Go down

Legumes/Diet Research Sources Empty Legumes/Diet Research Sources

Post by Robin~ Tue 09 Jun 2020, 8:57 am

Hello!

I've been looking to tweak my homemade diet a bit as a learn about what they do/don't like, and I came across that, in the Mouse Diet pinned topic, it says that certain legumes like soy aren't processed well by mice, so the GA becomes inaccurate. I'd like some more information on this topic; the only trusted source I found pertaining mice and legumes is a paper from 1963. The Mouse Diet topic is very vague about it, simply stating stuff like "diet is a very vague topic that can take years to even comprehend...." without listing any further reading/scientific sources. By that logic I'm not surprised people don't look into mice--there's no easy to access/in depth info on their care!

I guess what I'm saying is I'm just at a huge loss as to what to do. Like, I know my mice are getting old and it probably doesn't matter anyways, but want to provide for them to the best of my ability as long as I can.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Legumes/Diet Research Sources Empty Re: Legumes/Diet Research Sources

Post by chiroptera Tue 09 Jun 2020, 11:18 pm

I'd definitely love to see more info on that too - I've seen a few other places reference that mice metabolize soy differently from us, but haven't seen anything actually explaining it.

If you are able to find something, I'd love to read it!

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum