Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started Training for direct contact...

2 posters

Go down

Started Training for direct contact... Empty Started Training for direct contact...

Post by chis_nigerian Sat 20 Jun 2020, 10:02 pm

So I started training Momo to be lifted and touched, so I put my hand in the cage as flat as possible open palm. He danced around me, then he started to move his bedding, pushing it toward my hand and lifting bedding onto the edges surrounding my hand. He grabbed food and he put four or five pellets in my hand, one by one, and continued this weird burrowing action. Any ideas?

Started Training for direct contact... Img_3713

He's done something similar when I opened up a hole and ramp to a play area on the side of this cage--he'd push pellets and some bedding material through--but I have yet to see him fully climb out.

chis_nigerian

Back to top Go down

Started Training for direct contact... Empty Re: Started Training for direct contact...

Post by Robin~ Sun 21 Jun 2020, 10:41 am

Hello!

This could be him wanting to burrow to escape--mice should ideally should have at least 6" of bedding so they can burrow properly and have a safe space to hide. I'm not sure how well that would work in a Crittertrail, though--it there any chance you'd be able to upgrade?

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down