Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! VERY SICK MICE!!

2 posters

Go down

HELP! VERY SICK MICE!! Empty HELP! VERY SICK MICE!!

Post by Camry08 Sun 12 Jul 2020, 9:54 pm

So I’ve been fighting with my dad for months now trying to get him to let me take my mice to the vet. I have four males all brothers. Months back one of them started looking really bad, lost a bunch of weight and his hair got very thin. He was always itching and scratching, but my dad wouldn’t let me take him to the vet and then he died. This was about a month and a half ago, I knew the others would follow suit. Now we’re at the point where the other three are just as bad, I can see the pink of their skin from all their thinned hair and they are always itching. They’re all slow and wobbly and very lethargic. My dad might let me take them to the vet this week. I was wondering if there is some way I can help relieve them for the time being. I have some coconut oil I heard lice and doesn’t like it so I was thinking maybe putting some on would help?

Camry08

Back to top Go down

HELP! VERY SICK MICE!! Empty Re: HELP! VERY SICK MICE!!

Post by chiroptera Wed 15 Jul 2020, 12:27 am

The vet is definitely your best bet, and it's really a shame that your dad refuses to let them take them to the vet, especially when they're so clearly struggling.

There are lots of possible causes for itching like that, so it's hard to say what would be the best to help them.

Are the boys together or separate? What kind of enclosure(s) are they in? What bedding are you using? What are you feeding them - are you using any common allergens like peanuts or sunflower seeds, and how much protein are they getting?

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum