Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[urgent] ASF Rats & Mice

3 posters

Go down

[urgent] ASF Rats & Mice Empty [urgent] ASF Rats & Mice

Post by Fairy King Thu 23 Jul 2020, 4:23 pm

Does anyone know if male mice are territorial/aggressive toward male ASF rats? I know female ASFs can be housed with male mice, but I'm in urgent need of ASFs for my male mouse (he's about to lose his female ASF companions) and females are not available anywhere near me right now. I don't have a ton of time to find a solution (especially not when you factor in quarantining the new rats) and my vet isn't comfortable with fixing mice.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Fairy King

Taurus Worried

Back to top Go down

[urgent] ASF Rats & Mice Empty Re: [urgent] ASF Rats & Mice

Post by chiroptera Thu 23 Jul 2020, 10:05 pm

I don't have experience with it, but male mice are pretty territorial, so my guess is that it wouldn't be a good idea.

I think I'd personally just house him solo until you're able to find more female ASFs.

Somebody with more ASF experience may correct me, though.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri 24 Jul 2020, 4:00 pm

I had a male mouse given to me with a male asf and the poor asf was incredibly beat up by the mouse. Male asf seem to be too kind natured for their own good, at least compared to very rambunctious mice! That said, the same male mouse would not leave the female asfs I attempted to introduce him to alone, although it wasn't aggressive. All of my asf boys also ended up scuffling with their brothers when they matured but now get along beautifully with female mice. I would hold off on trying to bond males of those species together- it's not the ideal situation but it's what I'd recommend, especially considering a group of male asf might not even get along with each other. Best of luck

Walk  Mice: Ramen, Gadget, Cricket, Perry, Marvel, Jeepers, Cheese Stick, Brannigan, Pigeon, Missy, Darla Tail FlipASFs: Quil, Merv, Scant, Corvus, Rocket, Beetle, Otter, Koala, Tamarack, Popple, Conifer Tail Flip Cockatiel: Holly WalkGerbils: Kala, Everest, and Mak Walk
Sam
Sam
Jr Member
Jr Member

Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down