Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mouse fell, should I be worried?

2 posters

Go down

My mouse fell, should I be worried? Empty My mouse fell, should I be worried?

Post by Mouse_mom Thu 10 Sep 2020, 9:56 pm

I feel like the worst mouse mom right now. I recently got a third mouse and have been working on slowly getting her to trust humans. I will usually let my mice play on my desk under my supervision, and typically I work with them individually. Today was my mouse Winnie's first time, and my mouse Betty is very social so I thought having both of them out together would help Winnie be less skittish outside of their habitat. Well, I have a tiny little pouch that Betty loves to hide and play in, and while my attention was focused on getting Winnie to take a treat from my hand, Betty had worked her way to the edge of the table and fell off while still in the pouch. My desk isn't very tall, maybe about 2ft. She seems completely normal, eating fine, and running around as of now, but is there anything specific I should look out for? I just feel so bad that it happened Sad Crying or Very sad
Mouse_mom
Mouse_mom

MeanMurine likes this post

Back to top Go down

My mouse fell, should I be worried? Empty Re: My mouse fell, should I be worried?

Post by MeanMurine Fri 11 Sep 2020, 4:44 am

2ft and with a pouch for padding doesn't sound like a destructive fall for a lil mousie. As long as her behaviour is fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep an eye on her for a few days, just to be sure she's not hiding something like a concussion or a damaged leg.

Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

My mouse fell, should I be worried? Empty Re: My mouse fell, should I be worried?

Post by Mouse_mom Sun 13 Sep 2020, 9:47 pm

Thank you! I've kept a close eye on her like you said. It's been a few days now and everything seems just fine. No more pouches on the desk from now on!
Mouse_mom
Mouse_mom

MeanMurine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum