Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skiddish mouse :(

2 posters

Go down

Skiddish mouse :( Empty Skiddish mouse :(

Post by Mouse_mom Sun 13 Sep 2020, 10:00 pm

My newest mouse Winnie is so easily frightened. My other two were so much easier to tame, which is surprising since they were meant to be feeder mice and Winnie was from a proper breeder. Anyway, I keep trying to go about taming her very slowly, but she's so scared of even the slightest sound/movement that I don't know how to make any progress. I was hoping it would go a bit smoother since the other ladies are so used to me, and would maybe be a good example to show that things are safe for Winnie, but I guess not. I know these things take time, but any extra tips would appreciated. I just don't want her to be so terrified of me!
Mouse_mom
Mouse_mom

Back to top Go down

Skiddish mouse :( Empty Re: Skiddish mouse :(

Post by Lucille Mon 14 Sep 2020, 3:43 am

Im sorry to hear thats happening!

I dont have any advice since Im new to mice but I had that happen to me with rats. All my petshop rats (including pet shop rats I found being rehomed on Craigslist) were total sweethearts

Then I learned about how bad pet shops are and went out of my way to find a reputable rat breeder... and ended up with a biter who hated human contact

I just finished raising two mice I found as baby pinkies and got them a friend recently... the New Lady was terrified of me but as soon as she saw my babies climbing all over me, she decided it was ok and hopped right up

I hope someone comes in with some good advice!
Lucille
Lucille

Back to top Go down