Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mouse odor

4 posters

Go down

mouse odor Empty mouse odor

Post by brianna.love Thu 03 Dec 2020, 12:31 pm

I was wondering if there's anyway to reduce mouse odor without scented bedding or any added scents, I was thinking of adding a sand bath like I did for my past hamster as long as sand baths are safe for mice. I thought of the sand bath simply because my mouse luna tends to get her poo stuck in her fur and trying to get it out with stressing her can be timely and tests my patience Laughing Laughing but as for cage odor, should I simply clean the cage more often, or is litter training an option?

brianna.love
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Curious

https://www.instagram.com/brianna.plautz/

Back to top Go down

mouse odor Empty Re: mouse odor

Post by Honey102019 Wed 23 Dec 2020, 8:31 pm

If you haven't read this yet, it is helpful...

PMF - Cleaning, Odor, and Bedding

I purchased an air purifier which helps tremendously. But you want one that is a True HEPA air purifier. I actually have two, a Honeywell HPA 200 and a Coway:

Honeywell HPA 200

Coway Mighty Air Purifier

Charcoal air purifier bags work for some folks...

Charcoal air purifiers

There are some additives you can buy for their water but I'm hesitant to try it. This is one that was recommended to me...

Bi-Odor for Small Animals

This is another product I have not tried yet. It seems safe. I have the bottle I just haven't gotten around to try it yet...

No Scent

Some people say adding vanilla to their water helps, too.

Honey102019
Honey102019

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahAdams Tue 29 Dec 2020, 6:05 pm

I don't know how long you've had your mice, but my 3 males stunk so badly for the first 1 - 2 months I had them I was in despair.

Now it seems they are secure and content in their new homes, thus don't spend all their time marking. For the last few weeks, the smell is virtually gone unless I stick my face in their bins. I also use an air purifier.

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee67 Wed 30 Dec 2020, 4:25 am

My little Fig's pen has a very distinct smell but I don't mind it, it's just kinda a mild odour. He is only a baby and I've only had him 2 weeks, so I dont know if he'll get more smelly as he gets older, or less as he adjusts to his new cage and doesn't scent it up as much. He himself doesn't have any odour. I only cleaned his cage once so far with several spot cleans, and after I did a full cleaning I left about 1 handful of old bedding in his cage, mostly around where he sleeps, so he wouldn't freak out and do extra marking. That seemed to help.

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum