Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necrotic tail?

3 posters

Go down

Necrotic tail? Empty Necrotic tail?

Post by Oreoandfriends Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:50 am

Hi everyone!
Tonight when I was feeding my 4 female mice I noticed that one of them (Lilac) has a black tip on her tail. Unfortunately she is not tame (and quick) so I’m unable to get a really good look at it. I tried doing some research and I found that it might be necrotic? The mice often get into squabbles over food, especially lab blocks so it’s possible that she could’ve been accidentally nabbed by the tail.
I’m wondering if this seems serious/what I can do to help her? She’s acting normal and doesn’t seem to be in pain, the rest of her tail is colored properly (her tail is naturally half dark and half pink!) I tried to get some pictures, they’re not great but I’ll still attach them.
Thank you!
Necrotic tail? A0480d10
Necrotic tail? 991b0a10
Necrotic tail? 8b421810
Oreoandfriends
Oreoandfriends
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Necrotic tail? Empty Re: Necrotic tail?

Post by Dee67 Thu 18 Mar 2021, 1:05 am

That is strange, only way to know what is really going on is the vet. It might be ringtail? Here's a link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringtail_(disease)#:~:text=Ringtail%2C%20also%20known%20as%20tail,mice%2C%20hamsters%20and%20other%20rodents.&text=For%20lab%20and%20pet%20rodents,as%20possible%20causes%20of%20ringtail.

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Miceforlife likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Miceforlife Tue 30 Mar 2021, 4:06 pm

I have the same thing going on with my mouse did you take yours to the vet yet and if so what did the vet say this would be useful my mouse is to the vet tomorrow about her tail and bald parches.

Miceforlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum