Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible URI?

3 posters

Go down

Possible URI? Empty Possible URI?

Post by queen.of.arrows Wed 17 Mar 2021, 10:52 pm

I sent what I thought was a really cute video of my mouse Biblo to his breeder. When I get him out of his cage he always chitters excitedly and its precious (or so I thought). She advised me that he sounded like he could have a URI and to get him to the vet for some medicine. I have no problem whatsoever doing so to be on the safe side. However I cant call the vet until tomorrow so I am stuck at home stressing! I cant seem to figure out how to post a video, but the sound I would describe as a high pitched chittering sound. He does this when he realizes I am near his cage and when I am getting him out, it isn't a continuous sound. Wanted to see what your take was?

Other than this sound he makes he has no obvious symptoms of illness. Energy, appetite, and eyes/nose are all good.

Thanks in advance!

queen.of.arrows
queen.of.arrows

Libra

Back to top Go down

Possible URI? Empty Re: Possible URI?

Post by ApricotWinter Tue 13 Apr 2021, 3:51 pm

From what you have described I think it is him communicating! I had a mouse do something simialer, and she was fine! They sometimes just chitter when they get excited. I might be wrong though. @River usually has good advice. Confused
ApricotWinter
ApricotWinter

Libra

River and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by queen.of.arrows Tue 13 Apr 2021, 6:48 pm

ApricotWinter wrote:From what you have described I think it is him communicating! I had a mouse do something simialer, and she was fine! They sometimes just chitter when they get excited. I might be wrong though. @River usually has good advice. Confused

He is doing great Smile The vet said he is just a chatty boy. It’s literally ANY time I’m near! He loves to hop right up into my hand, it’s so cute.
queen.of.arrows
queen.of.arrows

Libra

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by River Tue 13 Apr 2021, 8:08 pm

Thanks Apricot, your advice is always good to read as well!

I've had a chatty girl myself. They're rare, so it's always good to be on the safe side. I took her to the vet and got the same response you did. Laughing  I've also had a URI or two, which was less fun...

Glad to see your breeder cares about him still + that he's doing well. Smile

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down