Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Mices

+6
CinnamonPearl
River
MesaMouse
scaredymouse
lupus_corde
MouseLover
10 posters

Go down

My Mices Empty My Mices

Post by MouseLover Thu 14 Jul 2016, 12:53 pm

I tried a photo technique that I've seen used by a lot of mouse breeders. If you put a mouse on top of an upside down wine glass, they tend to stay relatively still, because there's enough room for them to sit/stand on, but not enough room for them to wander off. Unless they're a jumpy mouse, they wont jump off because it's quite high up.

I didn't keep them on there for long, because they didn't seem to like it too much, but I managed to get a couple of pictures of them both. Took the pictures in my kitchen because it's the only room with decent lighting, as I didn't want to use a flash on their little eyes.

Honey: 18 months old. She's a cinnamon - which is like agouti but with a lighter reddish/gold brown, and chocolate flecks instead of black. She also has a pale tan belly, and fairly long hair, which makes her look kinda scruffy. She's my little wildling, I don't think she'll ever be 100% tame, she's just crazy. Such an entertaining mouse though, I adore her.

My Mices Dscn0012

Here you can sort of see her toffee coloured belly, and her random little white splotch between her back legs. I think this is a very dignified pose Laughing

My Mices Dscn0013

Next is my little Violet. About 5 months old. My ninja mouse. She's like a little ninja cuz she's all in black, she's super agile and super quick. My mum always comments on how she never sees Violet out and about. But Violet IS out and about, she just moves from A to B so quickly and never stays in one place for too long, so you're unlikely to see her unless you stop to watch. Yesterday I saw her do a 6 inch jump up into her hammock, instead of climbing up the regular way Shocked She has the sweetest little face.

My Mices Dscn0014

This photo is a little unfocused, and I didn't catch the top of her head, but I had to share it because her face is just adorable.

My Mices Dscn0015

I need to get in the habit of taking more mouse pictures. They're only here a short while and I always regret not taking more, once they're gone!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

My Mices Empty Re: My Mices

Post by lupus_corde Thu 14 Jul 2016, 1:02 pm

awwe such cute mice! Can't wait to get mine in a few weeks Smile

My mice: Luna, Eclipse and Galaxy
lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 14 Jul 2016, 1:03 pm

That face! Pretty ladies Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 14 Jul 2016, 1:32 pm

MouseLover wrote:I need to get in the habit of taking more mouse pictures. They're only here a short while and I always regret not taking more, once they're gone!

Amen to that! I have so few of most of my late mice with the exception of my two favorites, Tara and Musetta.

The girls are beautiful, by the way, and that wine glass trick is very clever!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu 14 Jul 2016, 2:39 pm

I'll have to try with the wine glass! Violet is just too cute. Look at that face.
I live honeys colors.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu 14 Jul 2016, 2:39 pm

Love* woops. Mobile.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 14 Jul 2016, 2:42 pm

Violet is gorgeous! I love them both.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 14 Jul 2016, 2:42 pm

You've got beautiful girls! Honey looks so soft in her second picture, and I love unfocused, up close face pictures. lol I have one of Yoshi in the slideshow, so cute!

I've tried the glass thing, but my glasses are all too short. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 14 Jul 2016, 3:33 pm

abeona - Yeah it works best with tall glasses Laughing I imagine a tall mug would work the same, but I think the glass looks nicer.

Just realised that Violet's ear hairs look like eyelashes in the second pic Laughing

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 14 Jul 2016, 4:45 pm

They're beautiful. Great pics.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 14 Jul 2016, 9:04 pm

MouseLover wrote:abeona - Yeah it works best with tall glasses Laughing I imagine a tall mug would work the same, but I think the glass looks nicer.

Just realised that Violet's ear hairs look like eyelashes in the second pic Laughing

Oh yea, that does look like eyelashes! Your girls ar both so adorable, great pics!! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Fri 15 Jul 2016, 7:39 am

They are beautiful ladies. I love that pose from Honey.

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down