Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragging one leg

2 posters

Go down

Dragging one leg Empty Dragging one leg

Post by Roosterwhale Fri 09 Apr 2021, 5:50 pm

Hi! I'm new to this site, but I was hoping someone here would be able to help me decide on a course of action. I'd like to preface this by saying there are no vets anywhere near my area that see mice, and I have called around and followed up on recommendations without any luck, so I'm getting a bit desperate.

One of my mice had babies a couple months ago, and I kept a couple of them. I usually leave them mostly to their own devices, since I just like to watch them run around and don't really feel the need to bother them unless it's necessary, so I'm not sure how long this has been an issue, but it definitely hasn't been more then a couple days.

While I was sitting near the tank, one of the babies popped her head up out of a tunnel and went to get some water, but I noticed she was walking strangely. She's dragging her left hind leg, and her body is very low to the ground. I can't find anything visibly wrong with her, and she is still alert and active. Her right hind leg and her tail seem perfectly fine, so I don't think it's a spinal issue, and she's moving her left hind leg without issue except for when she walks. It doesn't look discolored, bent, or in any way abnormal.

I do have a smaller tank that I'm going to move her into for observation, but other than that I'm at a loss. Any advice would be appreciated!

Roosterwhale

River likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dragging one leg Empty Re: Dragging one leg

Post by Dee67 Sat 10 Apr 2021, 12:27 am

It certainly could be a small injury from a fall, or a twist, maybe they got caught up in something and pulled to free themselves. I would check the cage thoroughly for any potential hazards. Some observation is OK but don't keep her away from her mates too long.

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Back to top Go down