Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baytril not helping?

3 posters

Go down

Baytril not helping? Empty Baytril not helping?

Post by my_little_mice Mon 17 May 2021, 8:03 pm

Hi there! I recently rescued a mouse who has been sneezing since the day after I brought her home (she is being quarantined from my other mice). The vet thinks it's a respiratory infection, so I have been giving her Baytril and Doxy. However, while there was a tiny bit of improvement, she still is making a lot of chirping sounds and sneezes. I am waiting for the vet to call back to get a new appointment, but I am curious if anyone else has had mice not respond to these antibiotics? She's only about a month and a half old or so. I want to eventually introduce her to my other two mice, but I worry about them getting sick if this new girl is introduced too soon. But it's a bummer because I don't want the new girl getting too lonely (she's been on her own for 2.5 weeks while she's been getting treated). I will see what the vet says as well, but I was just curious if anyone has gone through anything similar? Thanks!

Edit to add more notes: to reduce the risk of allergies, she has been on paper-based bedding, mostly just cut up paper towels. And she's been living in a bin cage with the whole top having ventilation.

my_little_mice

Back to top Go down

Baytril not helping? Empty Re: Baytril not helping?

Post by Dee67 Thu 20 May 2021, 7:00 pm

I would wait till she is completely better before introducing her, just give ger lots of attention. She might need different meds too.

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

my_little_mice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by my_little_mice Fri 21 May 2021, 4:08 pm

Thank you for your response @Dee67 . She finally has started to show some improvement. Definitely not 100% yet and still has an occasional sneezing fit, but she is super active and definitely sneezing/chirping way less often! She's staying very active with her wheels and toys and we try to play with her at least a few times a day.

my_little_mice

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee67 Fri 21 May 2021, 6:28 pm

That's sure great to hear @my_little_mice

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaTheCabbage Sun 23 May 2021, 2:23 pm

my_little_mice wrote:Thank you for your response  @Dee67 . She finally has started to show some improvement. Definitely not 100% yet and still has an occasional sneezing fit, but she is super active and definitely sneezing/chirping way less often! She's staying very active with her wheels and toys and we try to play with her at least a few times a day.

When my mouse had respiratory i noticed it took her about 2 weeks for the sneezing to subside. Just make sure she stays on the doxy and baytril for 3 weeks min

EmmaTheCabbage

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down