Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just popped back in—what happened?

3 posters

Go down

Just popped back in—what happened? Empty Just popped back in—what happened?

Post by Robin~ Fri 21 May 2021, 8:58 pm

Hello!

Not sure if some of you will remember me but I was active several months ago and took a break after my mice passed. I was a bit bored this evening and decided to check PMF out for ol time’s sake and I’m a little confused? I’m not sure why all the care topics are locked; doesn’t that seem a bit counterintuitive? The general care subforum honestly kind of looks like a mess.

I dunno, maybe I missed all of this and I’m just 200% out of the loop, but being a place I used to visit very often I’m a bit concerned to see so many changes that at a glance seem for the worse. I would have hoped that this forum would have grown over the years to educate more on how awesome mice are as pets but if anything this forum seems to be going in the opposite direction.

Maybe I got this completely wrong lol, hence why I’m asking I suppose.

Hope all your little ones are doing well!

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Just popped back in—what happened? Empty Re: Just popped back in—what happened?

Post by Peachy Sat 22 May 2021, 9:48 am

The forum has been going downhill for years. Making it smaller was an alternative to closing it and directing everyone to a Facebook group. lol

When the forum was busy separate care topics made sense, but we get such few actual discussion posts now that the majority of newcomer questions can fit into the available categories. It makes it easier to find the new posts, rather than wading through inactive places.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by River Fri 18 Jun 2021, 8:20 pm

Oh! This is the topic I was looking for lol. 

I think the 'latest topics' section on the left does the job for not wading through it for me, but it might very well be harder for an administrator. It is sad to see forums -- this one and others -- go downhill. I like the way everyone knows each other (and the mice) here, as opposed to Facebook which is...not a brilliant social environment, even if it is very informative. 

But I guess being a small group is a con as well. I do wonder if we could maybe make a pet mouse fanciers facebook group, if anyone would want to join...? Since FB is such a regular part of daily life for many people it might boost activity while keeping the same community vibe. I would be willing to help if anyone's interested. I don't want to see this forum fade out entirely, at least.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum