Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me please!!!

2 posters

Go down

Help me please!!! Empty Help me please!!!

Post by Heathermouselover Thu 27 May 2021, 8:20 pm

Hello I'm new here. I had a mouse named stilton. I took him from work when I noticed he was much smaller than his brothers, when petting him I could feel his spine very clearly. He often fluctuated between 18 grams and 20 grams. So I took him home and he was doing well for a month and a half months and today I go to give him a kiss goodnight and he's dead. He was fine the night before acting normal. He was only 3 months old. Anybody know what might of happened?

Last edited by Heathermouselover on Thu 27 May 2021, 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wrong mouse age)

Heathermouselover

Back to top Go down

Help me please!!! Empty Re: Help me please!!!

Post by SarahAdams Fri 28 May 2021, 7:51 pm

Sorry to hear about that. Very hard to say what happened, but since he was smaller and thinner than the others, it very well could have been a birth defect.

This happened to a kitten I fostered and it seems she was born with a liver shunt, remained tiny, failed to thrive, and passed away at eight weeks in spite of everything I did to help her.

At least Stilton had a loving home for the time he had.

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum