Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dandruff, red poop, hobbling, scab on ear...

2 posters

Go down

Dandruff, red poop, hobbling, scab on ear... Empty Dandruff, red poop, hobbling, scab on ear...

Post by M O U S E Sat 05 Jun 2021, 7:05 am

Hello

So a while back I noticed that my girl Fiadh was losing some hair on her belly. She's not bald, but has peach fuzz on her belly. She has been gradually losing more hair on her back and legs. The legs have the fuzz, and her back kind of has "cracks" in the fur where it's bald underneath. Yesterday, I noticed that she has a small scab under her ear, her nose is a bit red, she has some dandruff, and while she was out of the cage I noticed her poop was red. I did recently put a red flavored block chew in their cage, but I'm not certain if that is what is causing it or not. She also fell and is now hobbling a bit and when she tried to run on her wheel she hops instead of running. This morning when I got up to check on her, I saw her ears were down while she was peeking out of her nest at me and down for a bit when she walked out of the nest. Then they went back up.

What could this be?
M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Creative

Back to top Go down

Dandruff, red poop, hobbling, scab on ear... Empty Re: Dandruff, red poop, hobbling, scab on ear...

Post by Molly_mouse Wed 23 Jun 2021, 2:46 am

Hello! I know this is quite a bit later so I'm sure there have been new developments in her condition. I hope she's doing well. Given the information in this post, here's what I would do if I were you:

Take the red flavored chew block out of her cage, and monitor her poop for a day or so. If it doesn't start to return to normal, get her to the vet right away. Like ASAP. If it does start to return to normal, I would guess she has mites. Scabs, dry skin, and fur loss are all symptoms. Maybe a scab or a bite was causing her to hobble? it's the hobbling that has me stumped. It would probably have to be a pretty bad case. I've personally never dealt with mites, but I think there are some good threads on this forum about it. They should probably be able to guide you from there. She could also have a myriad of other skin conditions, so it might be good to do a little research.

Again, these are just my educated guesses. I would recommend calling a vet and getting their opinion. After all, they're the experts, and it sounds like Fiadh might need them. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope she feels better soon!

Molly_mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum