Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse at death's door saved by honey!! Failure to thrive, shaking

3 posters

Go down

Mouse at death's door saved by honey!! Failure to thrive, shaking Empty Mouse at death's door saved by honey!! Failure to thrive, shaking

Post by ctinn Thu 05 Aug 2021, 10:03 pm

This morning my ginger girl was fine and a few hours later she was cold, shaking and not moving. I tried to warm her while I frantically Googled. I saw a 'ask a vet' article saying that they need more sugar than rats because of their higher metabolism and these symptoms could be caused by low blood sugar. I had been feeding her low calorie pellets because of the tendency to become overweight in gingers. It said to feed sweets but she was too weak to eat so I gave her honey in a dropper. Literally within 5 minutes she was almost completely back to normal. I hope this post helps someone else save their mouse. Love

ctinn

Molly_mouse, disastervibe and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Mouse at death's door saved by honey!! Failure to thrive, shaking Empty Re: Mouse at death's door saved by honey!! Failure to thrive, shaking

Post by disastervibe Sun 08 Aug 2021, 5:34 am

Thanks for sharing! I feel like sugar water in a dropper would also work

disastervibe

Taurus

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mouse at death's door saved by honey!! Failure to thrive, shaking Empty Re: Mouse at death's door saved by honey!! Failure to thrive, shaking

Post by Dee67 Sun 08 Aug 2021, 5:23 pm

Your mouse might actually have an insulinoma, so keep a close eye on her, she may need vet treatment if it happens again.

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

disastervibe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down