Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nest building vs typical mouse behavior

2 posters

Go down

Nest building vs typical mouse behavior Empty Nest building vs typical mouse behavior

Post by FyaNyan Thu 09 Sep 2021, 5:12 pm

Hello Nest building vs typical mouse behavior 1f600

A few days ago, I got two fancy female mice from a local pet store that breeds their own mice. Currently I am quarantining them both for two weeks before introducing them to my other mice. The worker at the store warned me that there was a chance that the new girls could be pregnant, but assured that I could bring any unwanted offspring back to the shop. I have been observing my new mice carefully and noticed that the white Siamese colored mouse has been diligently building a nest. Does this mean she is preparing for babies? I am not afraid of babies and will probably keep some of the little girls for myself; I just want to know how to tell the difference between typical rearranging of bedding and nest building behavior. Does anyone know what to look for?

Thanks for reading!

FyaNyan

Cool

Back to top Go down

Nest building vs typical mouse behavior Empty Re: Nest building vs typical mouse behavior

Post by Dee67 Fri 10 Sep 2021, 4:57 am

@FyaNyan I have a boy and he loves  building nests,  it is just mouse behaviour,  though that doesn't mean she isn't pregnant,  she certainly could be.

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

appalachianmousery likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum