Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I’m in need of information on how to care for a mouse with a wood allergy

4 posters

Go down

I’m in need of information on how to care for a mouse with a wood allergy Empty I’m in need of information on how to care for a mouse with a wood allergy

Post by MousieMomma Thu 16 Dec 2021, 1:48 pm

I’ve been all over the internet in search of this information and I can’t seem to find any! I’m not sure if the wooden toys I have are unsafe, and I’m not sure what kinds of toys and hidies I’m able to provide.

Any information helps, thank you in advance!
MousieMomma
MousieMomma

Sagittarius Dreaming

Back to top Go down

I’m in need of information on how to care for a mouse with a wood allergy Empty Re: I’m in need of information on how to care for a mouse with a wood allergy

Post by Salvsop27 Thu 16 Dec 2021, 5:27 pm

Is he allergic to all wood, or just a specific type? If it’s just specific types, then only buy wood products made without that type of wood and it should be fine.

Salvsop27
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

I’m in need of information on how to care for a mouse with a wood allergy Empty Re: I’m in need of information on how to care for a mouse with a wood allergy

Post by MousieMomma Thu 16 Dec 2021, 5:32 pm

I believe it may just be Aspen, but I’m not entirely sure. I’ll avoid that and any other types of wood that become a problem. Thank you for your advice!

~ Alfheim ~
•  Blossom  •

~ Rainbow Bridge ~
•  Mousie  •  Snowflake  •  Sif  •  Bubbles  •  Cinderellie  •
•  Merida  •  Buttercup • S’more • Charlotte •
MousieMomma
MousieMomma

Sagittarius Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Salvsop27 Thu 16 Dec 2021, 5:33 pm

No problem! Good luck!

Salvsop27
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by scooter :D Mon 20 Dec 2021, 3:30 pm

im not too educated on this but i will try to help the best that i can,
since hes only allergic to aspen theres other types of wood toys for them like willow or grape vine woods. or cork logs. these arent exactly "toys" but he can still use them to file his teeth down and climb on them. if you still want to use a wooden bedding, even though you dont need to and paper is fine, you can use kiln dried hemp bedding. i would say try to stick to mostly ceramic toys if you can but plastic is fine as long as hes not ingesting it or chewing too much on it. i wish the best for you and your mouse, happy holidays !!!
scooter :D
scooter :D
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by River Mon 20 Dec 2021, 11:29 pm

I’ve never met anyone else in this boat. This was Graham! Hemp bedding is a blessing…paper too, for well ventilated cages. Cardboard toys, loofa toys, whimzees dog chews, paper to shred, foraging toys, durable plastic and metal parrot toys…we made do. She did eventually reveal ulcerative dermatitis so I’m still not sure if the allergy was an indication of it or not but well, it worked for us! Most mice are only allergic to one or a few types of wood, but not all. I honestly wasn’t able to experiment, because it took me months to realize wood was even a possibility. 😂

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

scooter :D likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down