Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eye problem

2 posters

Go down

Eye problem  Empty Eye problem

Post by Heidi w Fri 04 Feb 2022, 2:30 pm

I'm a new mouse owner we got 3 female mice in December and just noticed today my mouse with red eyes has 1 clouded over white ,it doesn't look swollen or any discharge, hair normal around her eye ,still acting normal and well eating and drinking inquisitive as normal ,nof sure why this fa's gapped?any ideas ??,we did recently change their food and got them different snacks than normal, any gel gratefully recieved

Heidi w

Back to top Go down

Eye problem  Empty Re: Eye problem

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Fri 04 Feb 2022, 4:38 pm

Without being able to see the actual eye condition, it sounds like you are describing a bad corneal infection. It is important to have a veterinarian look at the eye and prescribe the correct treatment plan, whether your mouse needs oral or topical antibiotics (or both), so the infection does not spread to the other eye or to the other mousies.

I really don't advise trying to put together a do-it-yourself treatment, because vision may be at stake, as well as the possibility of infection spreading into the sinuses, throat, ears, lungs, and brain. Sometimes it is possible to reach a favorable outcome without going to a vet, but not going can also spiral terribly out of control.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Heidi w Fri 04 Feb 2022, 4:54 pm

Thankyou so much for getting back to me ,I will ring the vets in the morning

Heidi w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content