Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traveling question - preventing depression

2 posters

Go down

Traveling question - preventing depression Empty Traveling question - preventing depression

Post by Caligirl2021 Thu 28 Apr 2022, 10:04 pm

Hi all!

I'm planning a two week trip next week and I can't really take my pet mouse Phoenix with me as it's a long flight overseas. My mom is not well and I have to go. I'm a bit worried to leave him behind because he's very attached to me and I'm really afraid that he will get depressed Sad He is already getting a bit depressed on days when I'm super busy and I have a little less time, now I'm worried what will happen when I'm gone and two weeks is long for a mouse.

I have someone come by and visit every other day to hang out for a bit and on the other days, a neighbor will peak in.

I will also leave a fabric behind for my smell. I was wondering if anyone ever had a similar situation and if there was something, like an herbal medicine to counteract a possible depression (?) I know this might sound a bit crazy but I just don't want him to get depressed or even pass away because he's sad.

He's about 1 1/2 years old but still very spunky and agile but generally doesn't play a lot on his own, only if I'm engaging with him at the same time.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated Smile

Caligirl2021

Back to top Go down

Traveling question - preventing depression Empty Re: Traveling question - preventing depression

Post by cerial Fri 29 Apr 2022, 1:37 am

Are you driving out?

cerial

Back to top Go down

Traveling question - preventing depression Empty Re: Traveling question - preventing depression

Post by Caligirl2021 Fri 29 Apr 2022, 4:18 pm

No, I'm flying to Europe, I live in California

Caligirl2021

Back to top Go down

Post by cerial Fri 29 Apr 2022, 11:18 pm

Whoops. Messed up there and thought you were going to Phoenix.

Maybe you could have the person call you when they come out and you could talk to them (letting Phoenix hear your voice) as they do the food water etc.

cerial

Caligirl2021 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligirl2021 Sun 01 May 2022, 4:11 pm

Yes, I'm planning on doing that Smile

Caligirl2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down