Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse born with clubbed foot??

2 posters

Go down

Mouse born with clubbed foot?? Empty Mouse born with clubbed foot??

Post by MouseOfMischief Thu 19 Jan 2023, 6:28 pm

So I'm new here and this is my first time posting here I usually just lurk and try to find good advice for raising my colonies. Recently I've had a new batch of babies born, they were an accident on my part with a bad sex assignment, anyways I've had my eyes kept closely on the new litter and noticed something with one of the babes that concerned me. His foot was twisted out, it was red so clearly it was getting adequate blood flow and it didn't seem to be bothering him so I let him go on not thinking much of it but I kept an eye on him. Today the littler are about a month old and have fur, they're up and walking around and I checked on the baby once more and to my horror his foot, or more accurately leg, was twisted entirely to the side. He's seemed adapted to walking with it but its definitely deformed beyond use, like I said before it doesn't seem to be bothering him but I still worry. Is there anything the vet can do for him, I'm aware that with animals so small regaining mobility of the leg will probably be unfeasible but I want to do what I can to up his quality of life. I have yet to name him also so that's why I keep referring to him as "the baby" feel free to drop recommendations.

MouseOfMischief

Back to top Go down

Mouse born with clubbed foot?? Empty Re: Mouse born with clubbed foot??

Post by Nestmouse222 Sat 21 Jan 2023, 5:35 am

Could he have a broken leg?
Is there a vet nearby who could have a look at him? I probably would like a vet to see him.

Nestmouse222

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseOfMischief Mon 23 Jan 2023, 7:06 am

There are a few vets around me that im sure would take a look at him/her, im just afraid theyll put them down because im pretty sure they were born like this. I can check the vets though.

MouseOfMischief

Back to top Go down

Post by Nestmouse222 Tue 24 Jan 2023, 7:36 pm

A vet's surgery would need your consent to euthanize your animal, but it doesn't seem as if there was any urgent reason to suggest it even. If the mouse won't be in pain it should be okay, but it'll be good to find out.

Nestmouse222

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum