Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

2 posters

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post by Isabellasmouse Thu 09 Feb 2023, 3:47 pm

I’m Isabella, I’m 18 and my sister just gave me a mouse about one and a half months ago. I named him Haze. Although the only thing she told me was his gender, I have no idea of his age or any conditions or genes he could have. I’m gonna be taking him the vet but I’m still in school and don’t have a job so it could be a few months before I’m even able to afford it. When I first got him I noticed he had a lump on his rear end but since I’ve had him it grown not much but some. About two-three weeks ago I noticed he was over grooming which I assumed was from stress due to being moved so much and ever since he’s been doing it. A few days ago I went and spent the night somewhere, when I got back his ear had been cut and was bleeding alot. I’ve been keeping an eye on him alot alot more ever since I saw of course but I am extremely worried about him. It doesn’t look to me like he has mites at all , I clean his cage at least once a week, I’ve been using kaytee clean and cozy lavender because he’s a very stinky boy, I had him on kaytee food for mice as well but they were out last time I went and had to settle for tropical carnival mouse and rat (I don’t know if that could be adding to it or not but he does eat it and seems to like it), for treats I have vitakraft orange drops which he loves, oxbow fruit with apple and bananas as well as the veggie treat. I’ve been giving him Timothy twists as well since his cage is so small for enrichment. I’m not able to buy any toys right now but I’ve been giving him toilet paper rolls after cleaning them off and he goes through them like tunnels. I’ve recently started putting a towel over his cage to keep out the light since I have a sunny room. I have 2 other dogs and 2 cats but they don’t go near him. I wash my hands everytime I handle him and before I do as well. I really want to get him a bigger cage and loads of toys and beds but I’m more focused on his health until I’m able. I also got neosporin for him, I read mice can have it in small amounts. I tried my best to get it on his ear since it’s open and not scabbing but he’s very active and I think I just stressed him out even more by accident

Isabellasmouse

Zen

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by Isabellasmouse Thu 09 Feb 2023, 3:51 pm

Hello A7722610
Hello C40dd210
Hello 10c7e610

Isabellasmouse

Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by animalgirl555 Sun 12 Feb 2023, 10:16 am

Hahaha, that "lump" is probably his genitals! Laughing
Anyway, using that scented Kaytee lavender bedding can cause respiratory issues in your mouse. As for the stink, you can try spot-cleaning the cage more often, although you can't really do anything to completely prevent it.
The tropical carnival food is O.K. although it isn't the best. You can add some Oxbow rat and mouse pellets, too. For enrichment, even if your cage is small, you can literally just give him boxes as hides, and branches from outside to climb on (just make sure the plant is not sprayed with pesticides and is mouse safe). Good luck with your new mouse!

animalgirl555

Cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum