Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft help

2 posters

Go down

Airsoft help Empty Airsoft help

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 05 Aug 2016, 12:54 pm

So lately I've been looking into getting into airsoft as a hobby. However, I need help choosing what gun I want to get. I've decided I want a SCAR-L, or Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle-Light, made by the Belgian arms manufacturer Fabrique Nationale Herstal. Unfortunately, I cannot decide which brand of SCAR-L I would like to buy. The two weapons I am considering are as follows:

Classic Army FN SCAR-L CQC - $199.99
PROS

• Comes with a magazine
  • Higher FPS
  • More true-to-life cheekrest

CONS

• Upper receiver may or may not be metal like the real gun (I can't tell)
  • Does not come with a battery
  • Battery compartment access requires use of an allen wrench

Cybergun/Softair FN SCAR-L - $189.99
PROS

• Full metal upper receiver just like the real gun
  • Toolless battery compartment access
  • May or may not come with a vertical handgrip

CONS

• Inaccurate cheekrest design
  • Does not come with a magazine
  • Does not come with a battery
  • Slightly lower FPS

So, any thoughts on which I should buy?

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Airsoft help Empty Re: Airsoft help

Post by Barbiefly Fri 05 Aug 2016, 2:01 pm

My husband is really into airsoft so I asked him and he said he would recommend you go to a store that sells airsoft rifles and hold various rifles. It would be best because you can get a feel for them. Hold it up to your body, whatever mask/goggles you use will affect the way you are able to aim the rifle. If you have a rifle that requires a Allen wrench on the field you are screwed (a backup weapon would be desirable in that situation). You might also want to consider AEG vs gas blowback vs compressed air depending on you style of play. AEG is probably most versatile because weather can effect performance of rifle. Just some things to think about.
Barbiefly
Barbiefly

Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 05 Aug 2016, 3:24 pm

Problem is, I'm not sure there's any place near me that sells airsoft guns. I don't drive, and my parents will only be willing to go so far for something as frivolous as an airsoft gun.

As for the type of gun, an AEG is what I'm looking to buy. The simulated action and recoil of a gas blowback rifle is certainly neat, but a gas blowback rifle is well outside of my budget. A gas blowback H&K USP pistol will likely be my sidearm after I've purchased my rifle, though.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sat 06 Aug 2016, 8:56 am

You know what, I think I'm gonna save my pennies a bit longer and get the VFC SCAR-L CQC. That one has a full metal upper receiver, proper cheekrest design, has toolless battery access, and comes with a magazine. So outside of costing an extra $70, it has pretty much everything I want out of an airsoft SCAR.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: