Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

5 posters

Go down

Deep Sea Exploration Livestream! Empty Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 12 Aug 2016, 5:05 pm

Hey, guys! Right now, a team of scientists are livestreaming deep sea exploration. They're streaming out footage of places of the ocean never seen before. This stuff is seriously incredible. Egg and I are watching right now, and I'm fully engrossed. If you're interested, catch the stream now! They've been finding some incredible things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhpo3ERVO8E

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Deep Sea Exploration Livestream! Empty Re: Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by scaredymouse Fri 12 Aug 2016, 5:21 pm

that's fun to watch, i have stuff to do but i can see getting sucked into watching this all night!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 12 Aug 2016, 6:07 pm

Awesome, I've been watching live cams on a site called explore.org lately, they are fun to watch!

Deep Sea Exploration Livestream! Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 12 Aug 2016, 6:28 pm

Oh, that sounds cool - I will have to check that out tonight. I love the ocean.  I'm very into and interested in sharks - they are fascinating and so misunderstood.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:24 pm

Great link, CinnamonPearl! Although it covers almost 75% of our planet, we really know next to nothing about the ocean, especially the deeps.

AnonymousMouseOwner, explore.org's Live Cams are insanely addicting! I spend literally hours watching the osprey nest on Hog Island, Maine and the guillemot and puffin burrows on Seal Island, Maine. Puffins are my favorite birds but the ospreys are simply mesmerizing.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm

MesaMouse wrote:Great link, CinnamonPearl! Although it covers almost 75% of our planet, we really know next to nothing about the ocean, especially the deeps.

AnonymousMouseOwner, explore.org's Live Cams are insanely addicting! I spend literally hours watching the osprey nest on Hog Island, Maine and the guillemot and puffin burrows on Seal Island, Maine. Puffins are my favorite birds but the ospreys are simply mesmerizing.
Oh my goodness, I'm also addicted to the osprey nest on Hog Island! What a coincidence! I haven't got to see the puffins yet, as I just started watching late last month.

Deep Sea Exploration Livestream! Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sat 13 Aug 2016, 6:09 pm

Ospreys are cool! Puffins have been kinda ruined for me though. It's a long story...

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 14 Aug 2016, 11:56 am

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Oh my goodness, I'm also addicted to the osprey nest on Hog Island! What a coincidence! I haven't got to see the puffins yet, as I just started watching late last month.

After last year's tragedy at Rachael and Steve's osprey nest (the two chicks snatched by eagles on the same day), I didn't know if I could bear watching them this season. It was so wonderful to watch the three chicks hatch and grow, go through the banding process and begin to test their wings at the nest -- all was going too well so we all should have been prepared for that eagle attack on August 1st...but who knew that an eagle would take a fledgling? They're almost the size of an adult and an eagle will not attack an adult osprey. Even with the loss of tough girl Spirit, it's been gratifying to see that Bierre successfully handled his accidental fledge and that Eric soared off a few days later. Glad the family is still around for a little while longer.

The puffins are all but gone for the season as only a few pufflings have yet to fledge. Next season, though, start checking the site in mid-May as the Burrow Cam goes live when an egg has been laid. The camera burrow, #59, has long been the home of Finn and Phoebe: viewers (or addicts) have watched them lose one chick, Petey, to starvation (sand eels were scarce that year and all the parents could off the chick were butterfish, too large for a chick to eat) and then raise three chicks (Hope, Pal nad Joy) to fledge successfully the next three seasons. This year, a new couple took over #59 but did not produce an egg; it was subsequently discovered that Phoebe was in a neighboring burrow, #133, with a chick, but unknown if Finn was there,too.

Also on Seal Island are the black guillemots, very pretty trim sea birds. One of the burrows has a live cam but, after hatching (usually two chicks), it's kind of hard to watch as the older chick will usually bully, abuse and starve the younger to death.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 15 Aug 2016, 3:26 am

MesaMouse wrote:
AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Oh my goodness, I'm also addicted to the osprey nest on Hog Island! What a coincidence! I haven't got to see the puffins yet, as I just started watching late last month.

After last year's tragedy at Rachael and Steve's osprey nest (the two chicks snatched by eagles on the same day), I didn't know if I could bear watching them this season. It was so wonderful to watch the three chicks hatch and grow, go through the banding process and begin to test their wings at the nest -- all was going too well so we all should have been prepared for that eagle attack on August 1st...but who knew that an eagle would take a fledgling? They're almost the size of an adult and an eagle will not attack an adult osprey. Even with the loss of tough girl Spirit, it's been gratifying to see that Bierre successfully handled his accidental fledge and that Eric soared off a few days later. Glad the family is still around for a little while longer.

The puffins are all but gone for the season as only a few pufflings have yet to fledge. Next season, though, start checking the site in mid-May as the Burrow Cam goes live when an egg has been laid. The camera burrow, #59, has long been the home of Finn and Phoebe: viewers (or addicts) have watched them lose one chick, Petey, to starvation (sand eels were scarce that year and all the parents could off the chick were butterfish, too large for a chick to eat) and then raise three chicks (Hope, Pal nad Joy) to fledge successfully the next three seasons. This year, a new couple took over #59 but did not produce an egg; it was subsequently discovered that Phoebe was in a neighboring burrow, #133, with a chick, but unknown if Finn was there,too.

Also on Seal Island are the black guillemots, very pretty trim sea birds. One of the burrows has a live cam but, after hatching (usually two chicks), it's kind of hard to watch as the older chick will usually bully, abuse and starve the younger to death.
Yeah, I didn't know Spirit well, but I saw how sad everyone was and thought she must have been a really loved bird by all the viewers. I saw the video of the eagle snatching her, pretty crazy attack! Poor girl. I was so excited to see Eric fledged, he was the one I got most attached to, now I kinda miss him. I can't wait to watch them grow from little hatchlings to their first fledge next year! Hmm, the puffins sound interesting! I'll have to check them out next year too! The starvation incident sounds pretty sad Sad.

AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum