Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biocatolet vs. Back 2 Nature Pet Litter

4 posters

Go down

Biocatolet vs. Back 2 Nature Pet Litter Empty Biocatolet vs. Back 2 Nature Pet Litter

Post by MouseLover Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:52 am

Just some product information about Biocatolet and Back 2 Nature Pet Litter, which I thought some people might find interesting if they ever use/consider using these products.

When it comes to mouse cage substrate, I've tried a few different things, and quickly became a fan of Biocatolet - a recycled paper cat litter, that can also be used for small pets. I used Biocatolet for quite a few years, and never had any issues with it. But recently I suspect that they have changed their formula, as I have began to notice a strong pine scent that definitely wasn't there before. I emailed Biocatolet to ask what they use in their product and whether it is scented. They said that there is a built in fragrance in the pellets that is "veg/fruit based". I'm not happy with this, as it doesn't explain why the litter smelled of pine, and in general I think that any kind of fragrance is not ideal for mice and their delicate little noses.

I'm really disappointed by this, as I think that Biocatolet is excellent at odor-control, and I was very happy with it. It's non-dusty, good for digging and absorbs well. So I've been looking for a similar product, that will do as good a job as Biocatolet, without the fragrance issue.

So I came across Back 2 Nature Small Animal litter. It looks very similar to Biocatolet. Before purchasing a bag I emailed them to ask what their product is made of and whether they use a scent/fragrance. They replied saying that they only use newspaper and water, with no other binders or additives. They also said that they do not use any fragrance as it is not good for small animals' respiratory systems Clap So I've ordered a 30L bag of this and am hoping it will do as good a job as Biocatolet. But either way, Back 2 Nature sounds like the better option of the two for me Dance

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Biocatolet vs. Back 2 Nature Pet Litter Empty Re: Biocatolet vs. Back 2 Nature Pet Litter

Post by CallaLily Tue 19 Apr 2016, 8:18 am

So frustrating when you're happy with a product and then they change it up on you. Thumbs Down But glad to hear you found a company that knows a thing or too!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Biocatolet vs. Back 2 Nature Pet Litter Empty Re: Biocatolet vs. Back 2 Nature Pet Litter

Post by MouseLover Fri 22 Apr 2016, 7:35 pm

Thanks CallaLily - it is so frustrating, and just silly, as they've lost a customer in me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Little update - have been using the Back 2 Nature litter for a few days now and it does the job perfectly. No dust at all either. So I recommend Very Happy

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Sat 23 Apr 2016, 1:14 pm

That's useful info! When I first got Colin I considered using the Back2Nature litter but wasn't sure if it was suitable for mice so got one that I knew was definitely suitable.
I might look into it when we next run out! Thanks for sharing the info you got Smile

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 23 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm

You're welcome Very Happy I usually try and read other people's experiences with products before I buy, but couldn't find much on Back 2 Nature so thought I'd share my thoughts on it Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Sat 23 Apr 2016, 7:56 pm

I don't know how I missed your post but better late than never right?
Back 2 Nature is absolutely fantastic! I'm part of a club that runs pet shows, anywho, one of the prizes they give out quite frequently is Back 2 Nature (otherwise its hard to get a hold of) and everyone raves about it Smile

When I had mice I would alternate between that and a similar product called Breeders Celect Smile
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 24 Apr 2016, 7:52 am

That's awesome AppleCheeks!

I dunno if you guys are in the UK but it is available on Amazon and Pets at Home (cheaper on Amazon though!)

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum