Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for mouse diet information?

+3
Artistwolf
AnonymousMouseOwner
MooMouse
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking for mouse diet information? - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for mouse diet information?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 16 Aug 2016, 6:13 pm

MooMouse wrote:Ok good news! I took abeona's advice in checking my local pet stores, and the first one that I walked into had Sunseed Vita Parakeet sitting on a shelf! It was $7 for 2 pounds, which isn't too bad I suppose. Thanks again for all of your advice! I will be picking up mealworms from Walmart and definitely try adding some vegetables to my mouse's diet. The members of this fourm are so helpful, I will definitely post here often! Smile
Awesome, glad you found the perfect diet for your mouse! I admit if we didn't have so many animals we'd probably prefer the smaller bags as well, but we'd need like 5 of those bags just to last us a few weeks , lol. But you made a great choice. Adding mealworms and vegetables to your mouse's diet sounds like a great idea! Just a tip, mealworms should not be given too much, like maybe every few days. Hope you have a great time here, looking forward to your future posts!

Looking for mouse diet information? - Page 2 Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Looking for mouse diet information? - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for mouse diet information?

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 16 Aug 2016, 7:01 pm

Just make sure to pick out sunflower seeds, raisins, and peanuts!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Sun 21 Aug 2016, 10:30 pm

Update: Rogue is really enjoying the Sun seed Vita Parakeet food! He gets so excited every time I refill his bowl. But I have a question. He does not eat these little colored things:

Looking for mouse diet information? - Page 2 Img_2017

Should I wait to refill his bowl until he eats these? I refill his bowl every other day (when I say “refill” I mean dump the shelled seeds and whatever is left in the trash and fill the empty bowl to the top). Don’t worry, I’m not starving him by not refilling on one day, it’s just that he hasn’t finished eating what was in the bowl yet.

I should probably add that Rogue is not a picky eater at all. He usually eats whatever I offer.

Thanks for your input!
MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 22 Aug 2016, 9:09 am

Don't worry, I only refill every other day too.

If he still has food leftover when you change the bowl, give him less. You want him to eat everything before he gets more so he doesn't just pick out his favorites.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum