Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiny Burial Boxes for Mice

+5
CallaLily
MouseLover
Brynne
CinnamonPearl
scaredymouse
9 posters

Go down

Tiny Burial Boxes for Mice Empty Tiny Burial Boxes for Mice

Post by scaredymouse Thu 08 Sep 2016, 2:14 am

It's the time of year where you can buy actual coffins for your mice, if you are interested in that sort of thing.  I usually buy my burial boxes at Michaels.  They have nice little boxes that aren't too expensive.  Well, last year, around Halloween, I found these tiny caskets for 1.99 and I think they were even 30% off of that... anyway, they have them again this years.  So, I thought I would pass this along in case anyone would be interesting in picking some of these up.  I always line mine with a little fabric and stuff a tiny, little, teddy bear in with them.  It makes me feel better.

Here are just a few of the styles and a travel pack of Kleenex from my purse for scale. The had a couple that looked nicer but were less roomy inside, so just keep that in mind.

Tiny Burial Boxes for Mice For_mi10

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Tiny Burial Boxes for Mice Empty Re: Tiny Burial Boxes for Mice

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 08 Sep 2016, 5:50 am

I get mine at Michael's too. Very inexpensive.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Thu 08 Sep 2016, 6:15 am

Too cool! If anyone is crafty, you can make and sell cloth liners for them.

I don't miss much about my relatives in New England, but it sure was nice to know a lot of people who owned land so I could bury my pets in peaceful, foresty spots.

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 08 Sep 2016, 7:12 am

The only have the tiny caskets around Halloween. I usually get some when they first become available. Then swing back when everything goes on clearance and get some extras. The are also great for robo hamsters and tiny dwarf hams!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 08 Sep 2016, 8:25 am

Those are adorable. Sounds like you give your mice a very nice send-off scaredymouse Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 08 Sep 2016, 9:12 am

Very nice idea. So far I've used boxes that were in their tank at the time, with a little bedding and a favorite treat or two.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 08 Sep 2016, 10:43 am

What a terrific idea and those tiny coffins are soooo cute. But, gee, now I feel bad about just digging a small hole under the dwarf lemon tree and burying the girls au natural.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 08 Sep 2016, 10:55 am

Those are nice! You could fancify the outside too.

I used to make nice boxes to bury mice, but lately I just neatly wrap them in a paper towel. Sad
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Thu 08 Sep 2016, 12:46 pm

I wish I could bury my mice, but my mom won't let me dig up her yard or even her garden. Both Molly and Lucy had to be thrown out with the trash, further adding to the heartbreak of losing them.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu 08 Sep 2016, 3:00 pm

That's upsetting. Have you seen if she would let you bury them in a different property, such as a park or a field or something?

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 09 Sep 2016, 8:04 am

I don't think anyone should feel bad for what they do with their mice once they have died. Once an animal is dead, they won't care what happens to their body - so what we do with them really doesn't matter to them.

The purpose of any mousie "funeral arrangements" is more to help us in the grieving process. Sometimes doing one last nice thing for them helps us process our feelings and say goodbye.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by River Fri 09 Sep 2016, 5:50 pm

^ That's true Smile

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 09 Sep 2016, 8:39 pm

Aw, I'm sorry your mom made you do that. As others have said, after they have died... Their bodies don't matter to them. We bury them because it makes us feel better... Which is why it makes me sad that your mom didn't see that. If it makes you feel better, the next time you lose one, you can still put them in a sweet little box as if you were to bury them, say you're last words, then you can "bury" then gently in the trash can. To be honest, I don't feel great about putting then in the ground either with all the bugs and cats outside. There is no easy way to let go.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down