Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors

5 posters

Go down

Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Empty Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors

Post by stephlisa Sun 18 Sep 2016, 6:05 am

I mentioned in another thread that I'd been missing-in-action because I was on holiday with a ceilidh band!  We went up to the North York Moors and I thought I'd share a few holiday snaps with you!  I've tried to stick to one or two summary photos per day but its still fairly photo heavy!

Day 1 - Today we explored the area around Lockton where our first hostel was located and also went to Pickering Castle.  The first photo is of one of the typical Yorkshire cottages in the village of Lockton, the second a pretty rose.
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03511
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03510

Day 2 - Today we went to Go Ape Treetop Adventure in Dalby Forest and then set each other trails to follow through the forest!  My partner and I also went for a quick exploration of the moors near the hostel.  These photos are from the walk on the moors!
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03613
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03614
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03612
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03616

Day 3 - Today we went to York to visit the National Railway Museum and York Minster.  The photos are both from the Minster (because there'll be train photos for another day!).
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03611
(Sorry can't work out how to rotate this one!)
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03610

Day 4 - Today we moved to a different hostel that was further into the moors and completely out of internet and phone signal in a place called Great Fryupdale.  (Naturally we had a fryup for breakfast one morning!)  We stopped at a place called Horcum's Hole for a picnic lunch and then had a walk on the moors around Great Fryupdale once we were settled in!  Some photos of the moorland heather that was blooming - we went at just the right time!
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03710
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03714

Day 5 - Today we visited Saltburn-on-the-sea for a few hours at the seaside (oh my - the teeny tiny crab!)
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03712
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03713

Day 6 - Today we took a steam train to Whitby!  In Whitby we enjoyed the harbour and exploring the ruined abbey.
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03711
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03815

Day 7 - Today 3 of us went for a lovely walk on Whitestone Cliff near Thirsk and saw what is apparently the "finest view in England" according to James Herriot.  In the afternoon the whole group went to Monk Park Farm and meet some adoreable animals - they even had two adoreable mice called Bread and Angela!  (I've decide to extend the number of animal photos in this section because you all love animals!)
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03813
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03810
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03814
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03811
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03817
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03812
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03818
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03816
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03916

Day 8 - Today I took a walk in the morning to find some cute local animals and in the afternoon we walked from Goathland (which is where Hogsmede Station was filmed in Harry Potter) to a lovely waterfall called Mallyan Spout.
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03918
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03914
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03917
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03915
(Sorry, another one I couldn't work out how to rotate!)
Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Dsc03919

Sorry for filling this post up with so many photos - they are but a fraction of all that I took! I hope you don't mind me sharing them with you because I did have a lovely time Smile

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Empty Re: Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors

Post by Peachy Sun 18 Sep 2016, 6:40 am

Wow! These photos are beautiful, thank you for posting them. I had to keep changing my favorite as I scrolled down, but I think I'll go with Day 3's. Swoon2
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors Empty Re: Holiday Snaps from the North York Moors

Post by MesaMouse Sun 18 Sep 2016, 11:21 am

These pictures are wonderful! All of the animals, the flowers, the cathedral -- beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Since I keep hermit crabs and am a certified life-long train freak, those two pics really made my day. Can't wait to see the Railway Museum pics Bouncy !

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Mon 19 Sep 2016, 2:20 pm

Looks like you had a really nice time Smile great pictures!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 19 Sep 2016, 2:43 pm

Beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing. Sounds like a great time.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down