Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Betta Addiction

+2
Peachy
AppleCheeks
6 posters

Go down

The Betta Addiction Empty The Betta Addiction

Post by AppleCheeks Mon 19 Sep 2016, 9:54 pm

Seriously.. someone should have warned me BEFORE I got my boy Cy-Fi about just how darn addicting bettas are.

You've all already been introduced to Cy-Fi of course. He was in a solo 20L tank but I moved him over to a 40L tank with a few catfish/loaches - he disapproved and went into hiding.. so he's back in his man cave being a total show off. Laughing
The Betta Addiction IMG_1399_zpsc6cojrkw

Then I informally introduced you to my Elephant Ear Plakat - Abra. He is in a 70L with 10 Celestial Pearl Danios and a Gold Bristlenose. He's a total attention hog and is ALWAYS at the front of the tank whenever you walk by!
The Betta Addiction 14269445_10210468871501812_1039751970_n_zpsbfn8wqb3

And now..
Yeahhh I went and brought one more. I had a spare 40L (10g) tank left over from when I had mice, gave it a really good clean and I've had it running as a hospital tank for a while. I had my heart set on finally getting a dang Halfmoon or Crowntail so I popped into the only petstore in town that has bettas and this guy was STILL there. He has been in the store since I first starting looking into getting a betta almost 6 months ago now - no one had snatched him up.
So he came home with me. He definitely isn't anything close to what I had set out to get but my gosh he is stunning, almost metallic - I wish at least one of my cameras would pick it up..

Meet Macabee.
The Betta Addiction 14408822_10210598819150422_1706620991_n_zpsdhx38rdc
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

The Betta Addiction Empty Re: The Betta Addiction

Post by Peachy Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:12 pm

Shocked Macabee looks so neat. Are they kept in little cups at the stores? I imagine he's happy to have space.

I managed to stick with only one betta, but I loved checking them out. Didn't realize there were so many color possibilites!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:48 pm

abeona wrote:Shocked Macabee looks so neat. Are they kept in little cups at the stores? I imagine he's happy to have space.

I managed to stick with only one betta, but I loved checking them out. Didn't realize there were so many color possibilites!
Oh there is SO many different colours and fin combos out there, its a bit ridiculous and insanely confusing at the best of time.

I always hear about bettas being kept in cups overseas, rows and rows of bettas in cups at stores and it seems so strange to me! At the store I go to (the only one who stocks bettas in my town, the next place is 2.5hrs drive away), they're kept in tanks like the AquaOne Betta Trio or the Betta Duo etc.

Macabee - Black Dragon Plakat
Abra - Purple Plakat
Cy-Fi - Mustard Gas Delta
AppleCheeks
AppleCheeks
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:09 pm

Ah, I've never seen bettas kept in anything but little cups. I was hoping they were kept at least a  bit better if Macabee was around for six months. Good to hear!! Very Happy
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Tue 20 Sep 2016, 5:06 am

So incredibly addictive! It took me many years in the hobby to fully appreciate them. I almost wish I didn't now xD

Like yourself I keep going back for more. Macabee sure is gorgeous, will be interesting to see if he colours up a bit differently once you have him in good water and on good food.

I just realised! I don't have any boys at the moment! wow! I have a female sorority with five females. All a mix. And my favourite girl who was supposed to be a breeder years ago. But her to be partner tossed himself through a near impossible gap on to the floor..... The perfect pink crown tail female <3
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 20 Sep 2016, 8:35 am

Oooh, pretty!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Tue 20 Sep 2016, 8:21 pm

Ooh, so pretty!!! I know, aren't they awesome fish? I just wish you could keep more than one in a tank! Lol

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Tue 20 Sep 2016, 8:33 pm

How pretty! I used to have 3 but sadly my first ever betta, Water Lilly, passed on a couple months ago. I also really love guppies, they have more personality than any fish I have ever had, and have so many different colors and varieties. Endlers are my favorite, even though I've never been able to get a hold on any. Not to mention they are so easy to breed. I had an accidental breeding of a couple mutt pet store guppies (Robin and Corah), and boy, did those fry turn out gorgeous! You would've looked at them and though their parents were top quality fish! My favorite one of that group was Skipper. He was small, and a little malformed even though they weren't imbred. As a fry he would disappear at times and I would find the poor guy in the filter. Lasted a long while after that, though.
This topic really got me talking about my fish, huh? I've seen bettas like Macabee and they are all so pretty! I want them all!

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum