Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Scampy and Spud ❤️

+2
scaredymouse
Nestmouse
6 posters

Go down

For Scampy and Spud ❤️ Empty For Scampy and Spud ❤️

Post by Nestmouse Sat 01 Oct 2016, 3:04 pm

This is for my mouse friends Scampy and Spud.
They got their names in the animal shelter from which they came to live with me.
They were 1 year and 4 months old when they came to live here. I've had them for about six months, two male mice, a white and a brown one. Scampy was growing tumours over the last 2 weeks. I fed him with handfuls of mealworms while he had started to starve, and before the tumours could burst he was put to sleep at the vet surgery. He died eating worms and was at peace. Before that, he spent a lot of time cuddling on the sofa, around my back.
That was two days ago, and today I was waiting for Scampy to come out to play but found that he had crept out of his nest unable to walk further, and his body temperature had dropped. The day before he was still very lively. I could see that his heart wanted to go to rest, and I kept him on my body to keep him warm and talked to him there. He didn't have to suffer much when his heart stopped and was soon at peace.
Now it feels sad to be alone at home without any pets, but I want to thank my two recent little mousies for having spent their last few months with me. I love you very much, Spud and Scampy, and I'm glad I could be with you when you had to go to sleep. I hope you are with your brother Spud now, Scampy, I'm sure you always talked together from cage to cage. And you didn't mind sharing the playground outside, so although never meeting you knew you were both there. Maybe you missed Spud, and so you had to go looking for him, Scampy. I don't know that, but I'm happy you both were feeling happy until you had to go. Thank you so much, sleep safely, little babies!

Nestmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

For Scampy and Spud ❤️ Empty Re: For Scampy and Spud ❤️

Post by scaredymouse Sat 01 Oct 2016, 3:58 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Scampy knew his friend was gone... It sounds like he felt that loss too. I love that you took them in as older mice and it sounds like they had a good life with you.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Nestmouse Sat 01 Oct 2016, 4:14 pm

Thank you scaredymouse. Spud died first, I put the wrong name there. That name is a northern English dialect, I wasn't even able to pronounce it. But I call them all 'babies' anyway.

Nestmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 01 Oct 2016, 5:26 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 01 Oct 2016, 5:59 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Spud and Scampy. They sound like they were sweet boys. I hope you're doing alright.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 02 Oct 2016, 4:01 am

It's always so sad to lose two mice so close together, my heart goes out to you. Rest in peace Spud and Scampy (love the names by the way).

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 02 Oct 2016, 4:02 am

It's always so sad to lose two mice close together, my heart goes out to you. Rest in peace Spud and Scampy (love the names by the way).

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 02 Oct 2016, 12:54 pm

So sad to hear the boys passed, Nestmouse, but they certainly had a wonderful time with you. Their lives took an enormous turn for the better when you adopted them as adults and I'm sure they enjoyed every minute being pampered and loved gentlemen.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum