Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battening down the hatches

+2
CallaLily
CanadianExport
6 posters

Go down

Battening down the hatches Empty Battening down the hatches

Post by CanadianExport Fri 14 Oct 2016, 3:14 pm

Well the leftover Typhoon is now hitting us in the pacific northwest. Cleaned the girls cage and made sure they have plenty of nesting material in case we lose power. My dog is not happy that it is winding and raining. He has not liked storms since hurricane Wilma in 2005 in Florida. He is now snuggled on my lap in snuggle sack. Wish me luck and hopefully no big trees come down. Anyone else getting hit by this storm? It is supposed to hit all up down the coast from Northern California to Southern BC in Canada. I guess the one good thing is that since we are near a fire station we get our power back pretty quick. At least we have canned food, blankets, candles, and flashlights if the power does go out. Hello Winter! Crying or Very sad
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Battening down the hatches Empty Re: Battening down the hatches

Post by CallaLily Fri 14 Oct 2016, 3:24 pm

I hope it doesn't get too bad for you. Good luck!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 14 Oct 2016, 4:12 pm

No storms here, in fact, I wish it would rain. Our garden is dying and it hasn't rained in months. It is getting nice and cool though, at about 80 degrees today! (Feels good to be out of the 100+ degree weather Razz). Hopefully your power doesn't go out, good luck!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 14 Oct 2016, 4:30 pm

OMG, nice and cool at 80 degrees. Laughing

Stay safe, CanadianExport! I hope your doggy won't be too freaked out the whole time. Good vibes
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Fri 14 Oct 2016, 6:54 pm

Hopefully it'll be alright. Last time I lost power in a storm it was a hole kerfuffle of wires and extension cords. The generator only had enough power for the fridge, a few lights, and the heaters on my three aquariums. I covered the fish tanks and wrapped the mouse tank in a blanket to help it retain heat, but I don't think it really helped. They did however pile their nest up very high that night and were fine in the morning. Our poor dog was very confused, too. I'm in tornado country and not hurricane country though, so I won't be affected by it.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Fri 14 Oct 2016, 7:47 pm

It should be fine heat wise as it is not too cold yet so the little girls can all pile into a big pile in their nest and the dog can just snuggle with me. We already saw one power line down on the way to the grocery store but it is not too bad yet. I just made sure I turned in all the homework that i have due this weekend just in case and the other stuff can be done on my phone or my laptop. For now it is not too bad.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 15 Oct 2016, 3:41 pm

Yikes! The weather might be rainy here in the UK, but at least we never get typhoons! Good luck over there!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Sat 15 Oct 2016, 3:59 pm

We don't get typhoons but we get the leftovers of the bad weather once it migrates over the ocean. The high wind watch is from 3 to 10 pm tonight so hopefully nothing bad happens. We usually get a couple wind storms a winter with very few actually being bad enough to cause problems. I will update once the worst is over.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Sun 16 Oct 2016, 3:29 pm

We got lucky and didn't have any power outages in my area. Further north and south did but we were missed by the worst of it.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum