Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My friend, Goose

+3
MesaMouse
Artistwolf
scaredymouse
7 posters

Go down

My friend, Goose Empty My friend, Goose

Post by scaredymouse Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:04 am

I am heartbroken.  It's been a couple days since he left but I couldn't bring myself to talk about it here.  He was so special to me.  He had the most beautiful soul.  He was always so happy to see me and made me feel like the most important person in the world.  He was a little pet shop mouse, scrawny and sickly looking.  But he was getting beat up in the feeder tank and I noticed his quirky personality right away.  I had to bring him home.  I remember the husband wasn't too thrilled about it but he came to love Goose as much as I do.  Before Goose died, we both had a chance to hold him close while he slept.  He lived to be nearly 2 years old and despite being runty, he was never sick up until the end.  Goose had a series of strokes that left him very impaired.  He had difficulty walking, eating, drinking and could no longer run on the wheel.  He mostly just slept.  Since he couldn't climb, I put a 2-ply hammock on the floor and he could just walk into it, he really liked that.  He still went bonkers for treats, though.  And I think he ate his bodyweight in homemade blueberry cake before died.  He was such a good mouse, so sweet.  He always wanted to come out.  If he heard me, he would run up into the hammock and bite the lid to get my attention.  He was a big part of my life, this is a really big loss for me.  But I'm grateful that I had him in my life.

Goose, I will never forget you and I will love you forever.  Thank you for bringing so much happiness into my life.  We had a good life together.  I hope you know how much you were loved.  Until we meet again...

My friend, Goose Adobep14

My friend, Goose Wp_20138

My friend, Goose Wp_20135

My friend, Goose Wp_20137

My friend, Goose Wp_20134

My friend, Goose Wp_20136

My friend, Goose Wp_ss_13

My friend, Goose Wp_ss_12
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

My friend, Goose Empty Re: My friend, Goose

Post by Artistwolf Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:35 pm

Aww... he was such a wonderful mouse. I've never been to fond of PEW mice, but he totally made me fall in love with them. He will be missed.
Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 28 Nov 2016, 3:49 pm

Aw, scaredymouse, what sad news. He had such a long and wonderful life with you and your husband in Casa Rodent. Goose was always a favorite on both forums -- we all loved hearing about him and seeing those adorable pics (the 1st and last pics are so sweet). Here's hoping he finally met up with all those lady mice he could hear and smell but never play with.
MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 28 Nov 2016, 4:45 pm

We lost one of our mascots today. Goose was such a special soul. I still remember when you first brought him home. But he lived such a good, long life and he was so very happy.
CinnamonPearl
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:50 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss - he had a wonderful life with you though. Hope you're doing okay.
stephlisa
stephlisa

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 28 Nov 2016, 6:03 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Scaredy. He had a great life with you. Thank you for sharing his stories and pictures with us. I know he'll be missed by all. hugs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by maygins Mon 28 Nov 2016, 7:25 pm

Oh, Goose. From the time I've been here I could tell how much you loved Goose and I became attached to his little pictures as well. My condolences.
maygins
maygins
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Drama Queen

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjrkVYG7q94N_NHZv02zAvw?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 30 Nov 2016, 9:27 pm

Thank you for all the kind words. I miss him so much. I hate having to move forward in life without him Tearful
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum