Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constant Fighting

+3
scaredymouse
AnonymousMouseOwner
Riikchu
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Constant Fighting  Empty Constant Fighting

Post by Riikchu Mon 13 Feb 2017, 8:19 pm

My two females are constantly fighting, since they moved back to their old cage (They were in a smaller cage due to mites) and now they won't stop fighting.
I can see blood on my albino but I can't see any scratches or bites on her sister.
So far I have separated the two (The one with the blood stays in her normal cage, her sister is in a small travel cage)
I understand that the travel cage is too small for her to live in but I would like to keep her there for a day or two so that they can have a break.
Am I doing the right thing though? Should I move her back to her cage with her sister?
Also any other advice anyone can give with this situation is appreciated.

EDIT: Also the one in the travel cage (Oreo) Is sometimes making weird noises that sound a bit as if she's rubbing her teeth against each other and kind of... like stone rubbing noises
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Constant Fighting  Empty Re: Constant Fighting

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 13 Feb 2017, 8:41 pm

If you can, I'd highly recommend getting a third girl. Mice do much better in trios. About the noises you are hearing, are they repetitive noises? Does it sound like she's having trouble breathing? It could be a URI. Does she show any other symptoms like a hunched position, drinking less, etc.?

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Mon 13 Feb 2017, 8:49 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:If you can, I'd highly recommend getting a third girl. Mice do much better in trios. About the noises you are hearing, are they repetitive noises? Does it sound like she's having trouble breathing? It could be a URI.  Does she show any other symptoms like a hunched position, drinking less, etc.?

I originally was going to have 3 girls, but they only had 2 and I can't get a third one anymore.
Also the noises stopped and she's just digging around her cage now, other then the noises she is acting fine
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm

Riikchu wrote:
AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:If you can, I'd highly recommend getting a third girl. Mice do much better in trios. About the noises you are hearing, are they repetitive noises? Does it sound like she's having trouble breathing? It could be a URI.  Does she show any other symptoms like a hunched position, drinking less, etc.?

I originally was going to have 3 girls, but they only had 2 and I can't get a third one anymore.
Also the noises stopped and she's just digging around her cage now, other then the noises she is acting fine
I see, I'm not sure what to do with the fighting then. The general rule is to only separate if there is blood, and from your description it looks like there was. I was introducing a girl to another girl and they wouldn't stop fighting... and there was blood... Then, I tried introducing those two girls to two other girls I had, so it was a pair being introduced to another pair, and it was a very peaceful introduction, there wasn't hardly any squeaking and there was no blood. So, adding another girl really does make a difference sometimes, though no difference is guaranteed. I'd just give them a break from each other for a few days, and try re-introducing them to see what happens. Good luck!

The sound you were hearing was probably just her being vocal. She's basically talking to you Smile Just keep an eye on her though.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:04 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:
Riikchu wrote:

I see, I'm not sure what to do with the fighting then. The general rule is to only separate if there is blood, and from your description it looks like there was. I was introducing a girl to another girl and they wouldn't stop fighting... and there was blood... Then, I tried introducing those two girls to two other girls I had, so it was a pair being introduced to another pair, and it was a very peaceful introduction, there wasn't hardly any squeaking and there was no blood. So, adding another girl really does make a difference sometimes, though no difference is guaranteed. I'd just give them a break from each other for a few days, and try re-introducing them to see what happens. Good luck!

The sound you were hearing was probably just her being vocal. She's basically talking to you Smile  Just keep an eye on her though.

Alright, thanks!
Just a question, how long should I keep her in the travel cage? Because it's really, really small and I don't want cage rag, also she keeps throwing bedding in her water Sad
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:08 pm

Riikchu wrote:
Riikchu wrote:

The sound you were hearing was probably just her being vocal. She's basically talking to you Smile  Just keep an eye on her though.

Alright, thanks!
Just a question, how long should I keep her in the travel cage? Because it's really, really small and I don't want cage rag, also she keeps throwing bedding in her water Sad
How small is it? Are you able to fit the basic items like a proper size wheel, hide, food dish, water bottle, and chew toy?

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:11 pm

Riikchu wrote:
Riikchu wrote:

Alright, thanks!
How small is it? Are you able to fit the basic items like a proper size wheel, hide, food dish, water bottle, and chew toy?

No, I'm only able to fit in a hut and a small dish for water and put food in the other corner.
It's the only thing I've got because my hamster has mites and has taken the bigger cage while the other two cages are filled with bleach atm so I can't give them to her
Her hut is made from wood so she can chew on that and water and food fits but nothing more Sad
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:15 pm

Is there a reason the other cages have bleach? Can you not rinse the bleach out of it and dry it off? She'd probably be ok with the wooden hide, water bottle, and food dish for like 1-2 days, but honestly I wouldn't really go longer than that. Is it totally packed or can you fit some other things for her to play with in there? (TP tube, box, etc.)

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:24 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Is there a reason the other cages have bleach? Can you not rinse the bleach out of it and dry it off? She'd probably be ok with the wooden hide, water bottle, and food dish for like 1-2 days, but honestly I wouldn't really go longer than that. Is it totally packed or can you fit some other things for her to play with in there? (TP tube, box, etc.)

No room left, and yeah the cages are bleached because the of the mites. They have gotten into the walls of the cage and they need to be bleached for another day before I can clean the bleach out and use the cages
But there is a small toy attached to the hut but she doesn't seem to like it.
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:46 pm

Um, that was a lot to follow. To answer your question about the noises... Did it sound like she was grinding her teeth? If so, that's a good noise.

Also, that cage sounds awfully small. I agree, 1-2 days max. It sounds like you'll have more cage options in a few days if they need to separated again. With my girls, every now and then when my alpha goes into heat she becomes a real jerk and I need to separate her for a day. Then I out her back and things are fine. Hope things are that simple for you.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:53 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Um, that was a lot to follow.  To answer your question about the noises... Did it sound like she was grinding her teeth?  If so, that's a good noise.

Also, that cage sounds awfully small.  I agree, 1-2 days max.  It sounds like you'll have more cage options in a few days if they need to separated again.  With my girls, every now and then when my alpha goes into heat she becomes a real jerk and I need to separate her for a day.  Then I out her back and things are fine.  Hope things are that simple for you.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Yeah it sounds like a grinding noise, but loud.
Thank you! Smile
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Thu 23 Feb 2017, 12:28 am

Nothing is helping, they've been separated since the day I talked to you and they still fight the second they can reach each other, I've tried putting bedding into each of their cages (They're both in 340sq inch bins) also they're close to each other and I've been putting their wheels back and forth and I've tried to put them in a playpen surrounded by wire but they still wont settle I dont know what to do :c
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Thu 23 Feb 2017, 12:29 am

Nothing is helping, they've been separated since the day I talked to you and they still fight the second they can reach each other, I've tried putting bedding into each of their cages (They're both in 340sq inch bins) also they're close to each other and I've been putting their wheels back and forth and I've tried to put them in a playpen surrounded by wire but they still wont settle I dont know what to do :c
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 23 Feb 2017, 2:03 am

When you put them together, are they drawing blood?

How old are they?

Are you in a position to get another mouse? Mice do best in groups of three. Often time two mice will fight due to an incomplete hierarchy, you end up with a big bully and a poor little mouse that gets picked on. A third mouse acts as a peacekeeper between them.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Riikchu Thu 23 Feb 2017, 2:08 am

I seperate them before they draw blood though they did the secound time, they're 4 months old and I can't get a third mouse, we are in a financial problem and I don't feel i'd be very good at keeping 3 :/ I can try to convince my parents though if a third mice will solve this? @scardeymouse
Riikchu
Riikchu
Jr Member
Jr Member

Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next