Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread Ideas

+3
scaredymouse
CinnamonPearl
Peachy
7 posters

Go down

Thread Ideas Empty Thread Ideas

Post by Peachy Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:40 pm

Hi all! I thought it might be fun to introduce some fun, off-topic threads? These are a mix of ones that I've participated in on other forums and ones that I found when Googling. If anyone IS interested, maybe we can try them out. If not, I'll just trash this thread to get it out the way. Razz

A few ideas, and if anyone has their own idea... Smile

• Random Thought Thread -- I love this one. Maybe a mouse variation would work too? You just share whatever's on your mind. Ex: I tried a paper mache hide that I made with a balloon. It didn't last long! Who knew the mice would love to chew it so much? Rofling

• What are you watching/listening to/reading/eating/drinking?

• Would you rather? -- One person posts a would you rather question, the next person answers it and posts there own. Ex: Would you rather have cream or sugar in your coffee? Sugar, I actually like black coffee. Would you rather take a road trip or vacation in a cabin?

• Survey -- We'll start with one question, and the next person will answer that question and ask their own. Each user will post an answer to ALL the survey questions so far, and then add one.

• 3 Word Story -- One person starts a story with three words, the next person adds to that story with three words. Ex: Once there was, a mouse named, Roody. He wished, he could build, ...
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Thread Ideas Empty Re: Thread Ideas

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 02 Jun 2016, 1:10 pm

I like the random thought and the what are you watching/playing/eating/etc. The others are cute ideas, but I feel like they wouldn't get a lot of traffic. But then again, I could be wrong!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 02 Jun 2016, 1:23 pm

I have a lot of time on my hands, I'm sure I would participate in all of that Bouncy
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 02 Jun 2016, 5:00 pm

Lol, few participants was why I didn't just do it. I was thinking the same about Random Thoughts and What are you...? though. There was another fun one, sort of like an "Alphabetical Mouse Facts" sort of thing, but Evan thought it sounded like homework. Laughing I think it would be interesting to read.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Thu 02 Jun 2016, 5:54 pm

Random thoughts are good. 

A thread posting little "fun facts" about ourselves would be nice.   For example, I could post that one of my grandparents was born in the 1800s! 

One aspect that I've always loved about the mouse forum is that people did NOT discuss at any length deadly serious topics or political beliefs, things like that. If that stuff became popular here, it would just be another FaceBook.  So I vote for keeping it light.

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 02 Jun 2016, 6:22 pm

The alphabetical part of alphabetical mouse facts could be limiting, but a random mouse facts thread could be fun, for if you come across a fun fact about mice.

For example: did you guys know, that if mice are born blind, their whiskers grow longer to compensate Very Happy

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:26 pm

Well that's neat. I understand why... But the how is the interesting part. You think they are blessed with genetic code that makes longer whiskers if blind at birth?

When people go blind, they often have more acute hearing to compensate. But that's a development that has to do with greater focus/dependence on the other senses, conscious or unconscious.

I'm fascinated by how the mind and body compensate to overcome deficits.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 02 Jun 2016, 10:03 pm

The alphabet mouse facts was more like, everyone picks a letter, and then they write a little paragraph about a mouse-related subject that starts with that letter. A could be aging mice, S could be swimming, V for vegetables. lol Random mouse facts would be a neat thread, though. Interesting about the whiskers!

I don't mind others discussing serious topics, but they're not something I'd be into either. The fun facts about you is a fun idea! Maybe the thread could be "5 Things About You"?
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 03 Jun 2016, 8:26 am

I like the idea of the random thought thread. There are occasionally times I've thought to share something about the mice but didn't feel it worth starting a whole new thread over.

Mouse facts could be really neat too.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 03 Jun 2016, 12:26 pm

Maybe the thread could be "5 Things About You"?

Ooh sounds like fun!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:18 pm

I think 5 Things sounds fun, too. I'll start posting some... 5 Things, Random Thoughts, What are you ____?, and Random Mouse Facts. Maybe that one could be a sort of "Mice in the News" thread too. Yay. Applause
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down