Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Things About You

+27
Daydream
KaylaLovesMice
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
AnonymousMouseOwner
Mice Are Cute
Paula
hesitantbullets
Blackthorns
Mouseketeers
CanadianExport
Nestmouse
MesaMouse
lupus_corde
Rodents rock!
River
Barbiefly
Artistwolf
GabbiLuvsMice
EverythingAnimal
stephlisa
CallaLily
MouseLover
CinnamonPearl
Brynne
scaredymouse
Soren
Peachy
31 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

5 Things About You Empty 5 Things About You

Post by Peachy Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:24 pm

It's more fun to post with people you know, so let's get to know each other better! List 5 things about yourself... your life story, a fun fact about you, your hobbies, a photo, whatever.

I've got 3/5... I'll come back after I've thought of a couple more. Can't wait to see everyone else's!!! Very Happy

Last edited by abeona on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

5 Things About You Empty Re: 5 Things About You

Post by Soren Wed 08 Jun 2016, 1:40 am

I like owls, mice, and i'm an IT geek. I'm 23, and used to work as IT help desk and fix computers all day, but i got laid off, so now i'm looking for work again. I teach piano to kids as a side job. I have 4 little students.

5 Things About You Photo210

Sorry I look like a guy, but I'm actually female. Funny thing is whenever I get a new piano student, sometimes they don't believe me when I tell them I'm a girl. But that's life when you have short hair Laughing

(By the way, I don't dress that scary when i'm in front of kids. I think they would be afraid of me if i wore a leather jacket to a lesson)
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 08 Jun 2016, 1:46 am

Hmmmm... five things...

1.  I am a registered nurse.
2.  I had my tonsils out when I was 38, and since then, I snort when I laugh.  only sometimes, though!
3.  I enjoy gardening, reading, cooking, photography, and spending time with my pets (currently have 2 cats, 2 Syrian hamsters, 2 robovorski hamsters, 1 dwarf hamster, and 7 mice).  I used to do a lot more fun stuff but I have have had 5 hip surgeries in the last couple years.
4.  I'm a certified scuba-diver. 
5.  Lately, I've been really into making fairy pots/baskets.  It's fun to mess around with decorating them.  I had a little frog visit my fairy garden and he loved the camera!  I have a few more baskets but I haven't got pictures yet.
5 Things About You Adobep11
5 Things About You C_data10
5 Things About You Fb_20111
5 Things About You Fb_20110

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

SarahAdams likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Wed 08 Jun 2016, 3:09 am

Here are some fun facts:

1. I hope this isn't a case of, "Write it down, make it happen."  Um, I have not thrown up in over 25 years.

2. The last time I wore a dress was around 1982.  I was eight years old, at my auntie's wedding. She had just turned twenty. She spent the morning at her mother's house across the street, getting ready.  She walked over to our house to help me find my escaped hamster before the cat did.  The hamster was safe and sound.  He'd made a nest on the carpet in my parents' closet. He collected dry cat food from the cat's bowl in the kitchen and broke leaves off of a house plant to make a nice stash for himself. 

3. My paternal grandfather was born in the 1800s. 

4. My niece has no siblings and no first cousins. She's 8 and a half now. The young relatives she visits the most are the two little daughters of my cousin, so they are her second cousins.  From time to time she also sees the kids of my SECOND cousins- her THIRD cousins! 
I mapped this out and I don't even have any idea who ONE of my own third cousins is.  I must have scores of them, if not hundreds :  They are all of the grandchildren of my grandparents' cousins.  And that's not taking into account the generations- I have third cousins once removed, twice removed, and on and on.

5. The great Love of my life is a city. I left boring old boring Rhode Island for the first time in 1993. I sold my car for a plane ticket to Hollywood and lived as a homeless street punk for 9 months. Best adventure I've ever had!  As in best for me, to fill me with confidence and life skills. I didn't stay because the cheap, easy living in R.I. lured me back.

In later years, I broadened my knowledge of L.A. by travelling there as a tourist. I fell in love with downtown Los Angeles, as well. I was a tourist for the final time in 2002. I vowed that the next trip to L.A. would be to find an apartment and sign a lease. I took my time and waited until 2007. I flew out, looked at a few flats, signed a lease, flew back, mailed all of my belongings cross country, packed up my guinea pigs, and came here forever. 
"The city, she loves me."

5 Things About You Rintal11

Here is my niece on the lower left (her hair turned brown last year after being blonde all of her life) with some of her second cousins. They are my first cousins once removed- I finally learned how the ordinals work, it fascinates me!

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 08 Jun 2016, 5:14 am

The city, she loves me- under the bridge!

We were in LA at the same time in 1993. Except I was in west LA going to Santa Monica college. For a while, I lived within walking distance of the wiltern theater, that's the farthest east I ever lived. I grew up and mostly stayed around culver city. Los Angeles is always going to be home to me, but after 30 years, it was time to try a quieter, simpler life.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 08 Jun 2016, 5:59 am

Ooh, this sounds fun!

..... And of course now my mind has gone blank. Okay never mind, I got something.

1. I'm a writer! I've been writing for over seven years since I wrote a short blurb about vampire dogs in the fourth grade and my teacher pulled me aside to tell me how it was actually kinda good. Since then I've always written fantasy stories about animals, but I'm actually planning one about humans (and gods) now. I'm currently a third of the way through a book about rabbits and dragons that I plan on publishing! My longest book so far is 237 pages, but the one I'm writing now will probably end up around 300-350.

2. Along with keeping mice, I'm also a seasoned aquarist and have kept fish for over six years. It all started when my uncle gave me a one gallon tank and a beta fish gift card for Christmas. I spent the first couple years as a betta keeper and often had four or five at a time, but I've also kept freshwater and saltwater aquariums, a pond, and even a brackish tank currently.

3. I'm a seasoned gamer! I've technically been playing video games for ten years now, as I started with my sister's Nintendo DS, but I've been much more into it the past year. I prefer indie games and the Zelda series, and I'm pretty strictly a PC gamer. My top four favorite video games are Pokemon Explorers of Time, Ori and the Blind Forest, Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, and Undertale.

4. Besides those, my other hobbies include playing piano (though I'm not too good, but hopefully I can show you guys a couple songs someday), amigurumi (my friend taught me crochet recently- I've also got something cool in that category that I plan on showing you guys soon), reading webcomics (mainly Undertale comics, but I also have been enjoying Homestuck), watching cartoons (Steven Universe and Gravity Falls are my favorites!), walking in the woods from time to time, and reading.

5. I've lived on Long Island my entire life, but I was born in NYC and lived there my first five years. I don't miss it. But when I grow up, I actually intend to get dual citizenship and move to Canada. So I'm planning to go to vet school there, or perhaps go even earlier during my undergrad years. (If anyone has any tips on that, I'd appreciate it!)

Okay wow, this got super rambly. But I'm done now!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 08 Jun 2016, 8:53 am

Soren- I never would have thought you are a boy. I think your hair is super cool, it really suits you!

CinnamonPearl - it sounds like you and I have the exact same taste in games :O My favourite games are Zelda, Ori, Pokemon, Undertale and lots of indie games Very Happy

#1: I'm from a town called Bristol in the south west of England. Bristol has a harbour, and has a history of piracy. The famous pirate Blackbeard came from Bristol, and the typical "pirate accent" (arrr, me matey) is based on the Bristolian accent. I love this town and never want to live anywhere else.

#2: My favourite place to go on holiday is Greece. I love greek mythology, I love the landscapes there, I love their food, the people, the culture. I have visited 6 Greek islands so far, and plan to visit many more in my life.

#3: I am the biggest Disney fan you will ever meet. There's nothing I don't know about Disney. My favourite films are Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and Frozen. I was once paid to attend a little girl's birthday party dressed as Princess Elsa. I have never been to Disneyworld and it is my biggest dream to go (I'd also like to be proposed to in front of the castle there, shhh).

#4: I am 25 years old and have been with my boyfriend since I was 17 (that's 8 years). We have been close friends since we were 14. He is literally like the male version of me. We are both mad about animals and are hoping to get a puppy together later this year, when we get a house together Smile

#5: I have a degree in Psychology and used to work in mental health. I suffer from a bunch of mysterious health issues, so I quit my job. This caused me to reassess my whole career plan... I decided to focus on what makes me happy. Animals! So I hope to start my own dog walking and pet sitting/boarding company soon Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 08 Jun 2016, 9:15 am

MouseLover wrote:CinnamonPearl - it sounds like you and I have the exact same taste in games :O My favourite games are Zelda, Ori, Pokemon, Undertale and lots of indie games Very Happy

No way! Indie games are just the best, aren't they? So innovative in ways where the rest of the gAming industry fails. I have to admit I'm absolute Undertale trash... CHARA PROTECTION SQUAD 2k16!!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 08 Jun 2016, 10:31 am

MouseLover wrote:
#4: I am 25 years old and have been with my boyfriend since I was 17 (that's 8 years). We have been close friends since we were 14. He is literally like the male version of me. We are both mad about animals and are hoping to get a puppy together later this year, when we get a house together Smile

Aww! My husband and I also started dating when we were 17 and I remember him from 6th grade, though he didn't notice me until 7th and 8th grade when we had classes together. But he didn't think much of me back then. Laughing  Then he went to a different high school and we didn't meet again until we were 17.

I guess that's one fact about me. Now to think of 4 more.....

2) I have 4 older sisters.

3) I used to work in the kitchen at a restaurant but mostly I've been a stay-at-home parent.

4) I have 3 sons. One will be 17 in 4 months, the middle will be 15 in 2 months, and the youngest turned 10 in Feb.

5) I've kept land hermit crabs for coming up on 8 years. A few of the originals from that first year are still with me.  I have 16 of them, mostly C. clypeatus.

Last edited by CallaLily on Sat 12 Oct 2019, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 08 Jun 2016, 11:30 am

Love your hair, Soren!! These have been so fun to read! Applause

1. Besides my mice, I have three cats, a chocolate lab, an 8 month old Ban-anna, her daddy, and her daddy's 75 gallon aquarium.

2. My middle name is my grandma's German last name, and I struggle to pronounce it every time someone asks how. Bonk

3. I've been playing violin for 17 years. Tried out piano for a few years, but my mom got into a fight with the instructor (the pastor's wife). Laughing My bio-dad tried to teach me guitar, but he quit showing up after a few months so I lost interest.

4. I love to do stuff like this... The finished picture was taken a couple years after it was done. I adopted him from a curb. Embarrassed
5 Things About You 27478257146_d1aceabce2

Also like to finger paint (I can't stand brushes! lol) and crochet.

5. I'm the oldest of five kids. The youngest is 12, and likes to measure himself every time we see each other. We're about the same height now, but he can't wait to make me the oldest AND the shortest. It'll happen in no time. Tearful

Last edited by abeona on Thu 09 Jun 2016, 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Thought of a different one, lol)
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Wed 08 Jun 2016, 4:35 pm

Ooo fun thread!
Erm...right...five things about me...
I currently have a mouse running on the keyboard and trying to help, so this gets extra tricky...

1. I'm a mid-twenties homemaker from a cute village in Cambridgeshire, England.  Originally I'm an Essex girl thought you wouldn't think it to meet me!

2. I'm a Morris dancer and squire (aka. president, chief, boss, that-person-what-is-in-charge) of a side of dancers.

3. I volunteer with a Wildlife Trust and spend most of my Wednesday mornings on a reserve being attacked by brambles.

4.  I'm addicted to all manner of crafting but particularly sewing, knitting, crochet and card making.  My best items are full length cloaks, fleece outside and satin (or velvet) insides complete with epic hoods.  The best thing I ever made and SOOOOOOOOOO useful!

5. I play a number of musical instruments ranging from a selection of sized recorders (you know, the instrument you give to school kids...), the piano, flute and piccolo, the accordion (turns out that Colin doesn't like this), the concertina and the Irish drum.  I can make a decent sound and get a tune out of most wind instruments (not brass though) although maybe not in the key you'd actually like it in.

So yeah. 5 random facts about me Smile.

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 08 Jun 2016, 5:58 pm

This was a really good idea, abeona!
1) I LOVE birds! I have (let me think...) 15ish birdhouses and nesting platforms and 6ish bird feeders. I plan on becoming an ornithologist.

2) I have been playing the viola for 6 years now, I also have a clarinet but rigt noow it's just collecting dust in the closet.

3) I enjoy painting and drawing, but with one limitation: I can only do birds. I don't know why. Maybe I just donn't have the right modivation to do anything else.

4) My current pet count (nothing crazy unusual) is 3 doe mice, 2 male crowntail bettas and one femail veiltail, 5 brilliant rasboras (one came missing an eye), 4 cory cats, 1 common pleco, 1 dwarf gourami, 3 female guppies, 2 male platies, 1 lonley glowlight tetra, 1 ghost shrimp, 2 nerite snails, and a westie/silky terrier mix named Dewy.

5) I have been riding English on horseback for.. IDK how many years, and collect Breyer Model horses.

Mostly very animal related, but I guess that's just my life. Bouncy

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Wed 08 Jun 2016, 9:36 pm

MouseLover,

My 2 best friends from childhood, who didn't know each other, turned into rabid Disney fans as they became young adults. They could recite the answers to the Disney trivia game by heart (such as, "What is the name of a certain lake in such-and-such section of Magic Kingdom?") 
One of them had a wedding there. Her elderly father had never flown in a plane.  His first and only aeroplane trip was to Florida to take part in an official Disney wedding.

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Wed 08 Jun 2016, 10:27 pm

Omg scaredy I have a fairy garden as well! Will definitely post pics this summer!

1. I really want to wear a style called fairy kei and hopefully can purchase enough for that to be my main style next school year!
2. I have pink hair
3. I watch a lot of youtube
4. I love to make things out of polymer clay
5. I really enjoy crafting
*3 Bonus facts!
6. I have the same birthday as my sister, same middle name, and our names start with the same letter... but we are step sisters! our parents didn't know each other at our birth! We are exactly six years apart!
7. I *might* be the youngest here :p but I'm really mature
8. I love anime and Japanese Cute culture

Last edited by GabbiLuvsMice on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 08 Jun 2016, 10:30 pm

Ooh, fun!!!

1. I was born in South Africa. Always love saying that one. I lived there for the first year and a half of my life before me dad was offered a job in America.
2. I've been to 14 different countries including America and South Africa. I can list them if you'd like Wink By the end of this summer, I'll have been to 17 Wink (Ireland, England, Scotland).
3. I love to draw. I've recently gotten into drawing humans and I feel like I'm good at that now too. Thanks, Downton Abbey!! XD I'm best at plain old pencil sketches but I'm trying to get better at watercolor & acrylic painting (not too bad at that though), pencil crayons, and oil pastel crayon thingies. I also love sewing—I just made a really complicated dress for my sister's American Girl Doll!!
4. I'm obsessed with cats and Downton Abbey. Yup. I have cat earrings I wear all the time and a cat dress I love and I just ordered a cat duvet cover and a cat iPod case. We'll be visiting Highclare Castle, where Downton Abbey was filmed, this summer. I'm super excited.
5. I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Bet you've met us before, knocking on your door? That's me Smile

EverythingAnimal wrote:I enjoy painting and drawing, but with one limitation: I can only do birds. I don't know why. Maybe I just donn't have the right modivation to do anything else.

Makes sense. As I said earlier, I couldn't draw people to save my life until I started watching Downton Abbey. Even then it took me about a year to get where I'm at now, which I would consider pretty good (I can always improve though, that's the thing with art XD)

Lots of crafty people on here!

Last edited by Artistwolf on Wed 08 Jun 2016, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added quote.)

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next