Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is parakeet food recommended?

2 posters

Go down

Why is parakeet food recommended? Empty Why is parakeet food recommended?

Post by Robin~ Mon 24 Jun 2019, 9:53 am

Hello!

Just got to thinking about this after thinking about, when I go to the vet, they ask for the diet the pet is on, and I would have to awkwardly explain why I'm feeding parakeet food...

So is there any other reason than the GA? Are their dietary needs just oddly similar?
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Why is parakeet food recommended? Empty Re: Why is parakeet food recommended?

Post by Peachy Mon 24 Jun 2019, 9:42 pm

Mouse food intended for mice also tends to be intended for rats or other small pets that are NOT mice, and so the crude protein is often too high.

It’s also not parakeet food that we recommend specifically, simply any good quality mix with a nice variety and the recommended protein/fat/etc content. I fed most of my mice a hamster and gerbil mix (though I do LOVE the way bird mixes tend to smell).
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Mon 24 Jun 2019, 9:50 pm

Peachy wrote:Mouse food intended for mice also tends to be intended for rats or other small pets that are NOT mice, and so the crude protein is often too high.

It’s also not parakeet food that we recommend specifically, simply any good quality mix with a nice variety and the recommended protein/fat/etc content. I fed most of my mice a hamster and gerbil mix (though I do LOVE the way bird mixes tend to smell).

Gotcha. So it's less about mouse food being good but parakeet being better, it's more mouse food is bad to begin with, so parakeet instead.

I can totally agree on the smell, especially with sunseed Laughing
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down