Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bin cage question

2 posters

Go down

Bin cage question Empty Bin cage question

Post by Uhura Wed 23 Sep 2020, 11:44 pm

I don't have a bin cage yet but might be able to get one. But I do have a question about them. As sad as it is, we all know that our little friends will eventually die.

When that happens can bin cages be used for new animals-Either new mice or pairs of gerbils or hamsters? Will the smell of the mice linger in the bin cage and affect new pets/

Uhura
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Bin cage question Empty Re: Bin cage question

Post by Robin~ Thu 24 Sep 2020, 7:30 am

Hello!

Generally, when a pet passes, it’s always a good idea to give the cage a good clean out, even if you’re putting the same species in the cage. Some people opt to use a vinegar-water solution and some prefer a diluted bleach solution (1:64 parts bleach to water)—it should get the previous animal’s smell out, even in a bin cage. Smile

Btw—I definitely wouldn’t use a bin cage for gerbils. They’re known to be huge chewers and they’d probably chew out within the first week. Tanks are generally much better for them. Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down