Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post respiratory infection

2 posters

Go down

Post respiratory infection Empty Post respiratory infection

Post by anniecallister Tue 02 Feb 2021, 9:21 pm

I am a new mice owner. One of our mice got a respiratory infection just a couple weeks after we got her. I couldn't find a vet in my area that could schedule her within the week. So I tracked down some Baytril and used an old human prescription of Doxyclycline. I've just been guessing on the amount of each medicine, erring on the too little side. With a heating pad, pedialyte w/baytril, banana & yogurt mixed with Doxycycline she has improved immensely and is almost completely back to her old self. She just still needs to gain more of her weight that she lost back. It's been about 10 days since she got sick and has been improving. When do I know if she is better? How long should I continue the meds? And when can I re-introduce the other mouse back in with her? They seem pretty lonely without each other. Should I put Baytril in their water feeder even when the two mice are back together? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

anniecallister

Back to top Go down

Post respiratory infection Empty Re: Post respiratory infection

Post by ApricotWinter Wed 24 Mar 2021, 2:27 pm

I personally don't have experiance in that area, but I think @Dee67, @Peachy, or @River could help you more. Hope your girls do well!
ApricotWinter
ApricotWinter

Libra

Back to top Go down