Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possibly Sick Mouse???

3 posters

Go down

Possibly Sick Mouse??? Empty Possibly Sick Mouse???

Post by USFancy Sun 27 Nov 2016, 7:23 pm

I've been noticing over the past few days that one of my three female mice is showing extremely abnormal behaviors. I think she is sick or possibly dying and I need someone to spot what is happening here from the symptoms I describe. First and foremost, I keep their cage very clean and provide fresh water & food DAILY. Here are the symptoms:
1. Loss of energy and very tired looking. Acts a bit lethargic when she is awake and just sits there with her eyes half way shut.
2. It seems she is slowly losing weight. She is skinnier than a few days ago.
3. Heavy, rapid breathing is the main concern of mine. I compare to the other two mice and they have slow, controlled breathing patterns where hers are very paid and heavy.

If anyone could tell me a possible illness that is occurring and how to treat I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank You.
USFancy
USFancy

Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Possibly Sick Mouse??? Empty Re: Possibly Sick Mouse???

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 27 Nov 2016, 7:24 pm

She definitely sounds sick. Get her to a vet ASAP.

Can you hear her breathing at all? Is she sneezing? If so it could be a URI.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by USFancy Sun 27 Nov 2016, 9:28 pm

Does the vet have over the counter medicines for this? Im reading she will need antibiotics. Also, How do i search for a vet in my area that treats mice??
USFancy
USFancy

Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 27 Nov 2016, 9:35 pm

This site might be a good place to start. Put in your city and state and it should list some vets near you that see small pets.  Smile If you click the little info ("i") icon next to each vet, it lists the animals they'll see.

http://vetective.com/VetSearch.aspx
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by USFancy Sun 27 Nov 2016, 9:43 pm

She has not been sneezing at all and seems to be breathing, just rapidly.

USFancy
USFancy

Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 27 Nov 2016, 10:43 pm

USFancy wrote:She has not been sneezing at all and seems to be breathing, just rapidly.

I meant does it make noise when she breathes? You should not be able to hear a mouse breathing unless you put them directly up to your ear.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by USFancy Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:12 am

Sorry about that. Yes, she is breathing when i bring her up to ear to listen. She is actually doing much better this morning. Very active and is down stairs eating and drinking. She even climbed on one the mouse wheels for a quick run Smile I just put some apple slices in their cage so hopefully she'll get to them. I'm trying to research a better diet for them, noticing more and more I'm on this forum that pet stores are terrible places lol
USFancy
USFancy

Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down