Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New Girls!

+4
MesaMouse
Peachy
Artistwolf
CinnamonPearl
8 posters

Go down

My New Girls! Empty My New Girls!

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 20 Dec 2016, 8:23 am

So I haven't had a chance yet to make this post, but it's finally here. I got my new girls! Very Happy My mom and I left home Friday night to stay in NYC, and we left in the morning and drove to Allentown to meet the breeder. She was really nice and so knowledgeable! While I was picking my girls, she actually taught me some stuff about different varieties and the English versus American mice disparities in breeder circles and such. It was really cool! But anyway, time to introduce my new girls! ^.^

My New Girls! Img_9810
My New Girls! Img_9911
My New Girls! Img_9910

This first one here is Annie! Or Little Ann, as I call her sometimes. She's a broken chocolate angora, and she is the TEENIEST thing! She's only six weeks old! Very Happy I know she doesn't look like a true English mouse. But the breeder was telling me stuff while I was choosing mice, and she was talking about how some breeders thing they should breed their mice to look like English mice while other breeders believe that American mice should look unique, and she's in the latter school of thought. So she has separate English and American lines! Regardless, I think this little girl is beautiful. She spooks easily, but I believe she'll come around. She's so soft too! I have the most pictures of her because I started taming her yesterday. She's shy in the tank but braver outside the tank. She'll climb on hands but prefers if I don't move my hand under her, haha!

My New Girls! Img_9811

This here is Suzie! Sorry, this is the only picture I have of her. Razz She's quite brave and energetic! When I was picking mice, I was originally going to take an English chocolate girl instead of her. But she crawled up my arm, into my hair, and under my hat and refused to let go of me, so I pretty much had to take her. Laughing I haven't gotten her out for taming yet but I'm really excited to get to know her! She's a splashed mouse who might be carrying the fox gene. I forget exactly what her gray color is called, I gotta check in the Varieties section. She's pretty young too, born in late September. I'm really happy I took her- couldn't have had it any other way!

My New Girls! Img_9812
My New Girls! Img_9813

And the last one is my beautiful, big, British pink-eyed champaign! She has no name for now; hasn't come to me yet. She's probably the biggest mouse I've ever had! She's seriously enormous. XD Her fur is so silky smooth to, I kind of wonder if she has a satin gene that the breeder forgot to mention. Just look at those big ears! Very Happy She was born May 1, so she's older, but not by too much! She's no older than Henry, after all. She was one of the three British girls the breeder had, and I connected with her the most, so I took her. ^.^ So glad I got a British mouse- she may be the only one I ever have the opportunity to get!

Well those are my new girls! Very Happy I promise I'll post better pictures as I get them. They're all pretty shy right now, and Annie even spooks easily! Pretty much the breeder apologized about it and explained that her life became very hectic recently and she's been struggling immensely to find the time to tame up all her mice properly (plus she's devoting most of her time right now to the chocolate girl I mentioned). I told her I understood! Taming them up will just be my job then. Very Happy I'm really happy with these girls. They're all so pretty and sweet!

(Also sorry the pictures flipped on their sides for some reason.)

Pisces

Back to top Go down

My New Girls! Empty Re: My New Girls!

Post by Artistwolf Tue 20 Dec 2016, 9:17 am

Aww! They're adorable!! I love them! Lol
I thought you were only getting two? It's pretty awesome that you got three Very Happy Such a sweet story about Suzie; she sounds like she'll be super friendly. Look at that thick tail on the British girl! That's so awesome.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 20 Dec 2016, 9:37 am

Nope, the original plan was to get three! I was gonna bump it down to two when I was thinking about adopting a pair of mice too, but since I turned the shelter down I was able to get three. My mom was begging me to take more though. XD

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 20 Dec 2016, 10:21 am

Cute! Congrats on your new girls.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 20 Dec 2016, 10:26 am

They're all so beautiful! If they're representative of the breeder's stock, you must have had a hard time choosing only three. And that tail on Miss Brit!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 20 Dec 2016, 11:04 am

It was EXTREMELY hard!! She had this beautiful dove tan British girl that my mom was begging me to take, and this cute little Hereford and a broken black angora. I told the breeder, "You should be really proud of these mice!" And she said "Eh, the American lines got some catching up to do." WHAAAT. HOW. X'D

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 20 Dec 2016, 11:42 am

They're all very pretty. Congrats!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 20 Dec 2016, 12:55 pm

Beautiful! I had to do a double take on your no name girl... she looks a bit like my Furgie ❤ !

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 20 Dec 2016, 6:43 pm

I got some better pictures of Suzie and Grace (as I've named her) today! Very Happy

My New Girls! Img_9920
My New Girls! Img_9919
My New Girls! Img_9918
My New Girls! Img_9916
My New Girls! Img_9917

Both of them are charming little mice! Suzie is so spunky and spastic. XD We made a very good amount of progress with our first taming session; she's not too shy! She got very okay with my hands and such. She was having such a good time in the tub she was sparking by the end, heehee. Grace is a bit shier, but she doesn't spook like Annie. She just kinda gets uncomfortable around me! We didn't make as much progress today as I would've liked, but she'll come around soon, I'm sure. >:3 Her fur is like velvet; I really think she's got a little satin in her!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 21 Dec 2016, 12:14 am

How pretty! Awe, I almost cried when I read one of them is called Suzie..., Suzie is my little PEW what died with bad ocd.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Wed 21 Dec 2016, 5:12 am

They are so cute! Congrats Very Happy

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down