Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What cute thing did your mouse do today?

+8
MooMouse
mouseman
stephlisa
GabbiLuvsMice
dragonmyst
scaredymouse
Peachy
Unicorn
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What cute thing did your mouse do today? Empty What cute thing did your mouse do today?

Post by Unicorn Fri 30 Dec 2016, 10:48 pm

I'll start! (er, well obviously or it'll be sort of a boring post haha)

Working on trust with Flynn, and he loves to come out and play, and seems pretty comfortable with me once out of the cage- but though I am pretty sure (not entirely, as who knows what/how they really think) he knows I dispense nice things and will take him out for playtime he loves, he is reluctant to step on my flat hand and be lifted. Just gonna keep being patient, we're getting closer, it'll come with time! Anyway we had a bit of a breakthrough today.

For general reference, he gets to play on the bed, in the rolly ball thing, or in Mouse Wonderland in the tub. I try to handle him each day, even if I only have time to let him run on my arms and coo at him for a few minutes, so he gets comfortable with me and knows I'm a daily part of his life and will consistently not hurt him and do nice things for him.

But in the meantime, he's pretty darn cute and amusing. To the cute: Today I had him out and he was crawling on my arms and hands, climbing and doing the hand-to-hand mouse ladder. After a bit I cupped my hands so it was like he was hiding in a little cave. There was an opening in the "front" for him to look out, and he stuck his nose into the closed "back" of the cave where my hands met, repeating this a few times. Each time I opened my hands there so he knew I wasn't trapping him in my hands, and each times he pulled his head right back in haha. His own little game. After a bit he settled himself into the warm hand cave, sitting cuddled into a little round loaf pressed to my palm, and washed his lil' face. I was so pleased. If he still thought I was a monster bent on devouring him I know he wouldn't feel comfortable enough to sit and have a wash.

Tomorrow I will be gone overnight for the first time since getting him, boo hoo! Doubt he cares a button but I will miss him! (I'm kind of a big baby sometimes lol Rolling Eyes )

So what cute thing did your mouse/mice do today?
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

What cute thing did your mouse do today? Empty Re: What cute thing did your mouse do today?

Post by Peachy Sat 31 Dec 2016, 8:36 pm

Haha, cute! My Yoshi likes to play a sort of game under a sheet we have... I put it over the bed/couch and he runs under it. There's a hole in it that he pokes his head out of and when I try to pet him he pulls it back in. Over and over. And then I scratch near my leg to try to convince him to come over, and then he lets me pet him while he relaxes under my hair/down my shirt/in my sleeve/wherever he decides to go. Love Love that boy!

My little Cora has started climbing her hammock to ask for a treat when she sees me wandering around. Alpha Lulie always wonders where it comes from, and chases Cora around round until I give Lulie her own... but this morning she watched Cora get a treat, and when Cora ran down to hide and eat her treat in peace, Lulie went to the same spot at the lid and asked for her own. And then so did Yoko and Pearl. Laughing It was so sweet.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

What cute thing did your mouse do today? Empty Re: What cute thing did your mouse do today?

Post by scaredymouse Sun 01 Jan 2017, 12:36 am

I love when my girls come up to the hammock for treats. I love sticking a dried mealworm through the mesh lid and then they snatch it and run off. Delilah has always been my ' come see momma' girl but now everyone comes to see momma in the hammock ❤

Now, my new girl Freckles, takes it to the next level. She always wants to come out. She's by herself in quarantine, so she's probably pretty lonely. Anyway, when she sees me, she does a giant backflip and lands upside down on the lid. Then she casually spider-mouses around and then falls into the hammock, landing on her feet. Then she looks at me like, I can do this all day... You should probably just take me out.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonmyst Sun 01 Jan 2017, 9:19 am

Ramoth has completely covered his house with bedding. Like, I can't even see it xD when I walked up to his cage, it took like thirty seconds of digging for him to dig his way out of the nest. I put in a good two extra inches of bedding when I cleaned his cage, and he is having a ball with it. I need to get him some climbing toys as well.
dragonmyst
dragonmyst
Jr Member
Jr Member

Capricorn Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Sun 01 Jan 2017, 12:20 pm

Ivory is such a little sonic the hedgehog, everytime she is running on the wheel with Skye or Freya, she keeps running when they stop so they end up doing spins around the wheels while holding on! XD

GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Thu 05 Jan 2017, 10:00 am

Yesterday Flynn let me pet him for the very first time, and again today! I guess my room being cold did wonders for the taming process, because his little feet felt slightly cold and I think he was warming them up on my hand. He snuggled into my hand and seemed to enjoy being stroked and gently scratched with a forefinger. He washed his face and squinted his eyes like he was comfy. Once warmed up after a moment, he was ready to play, running all over me and hopping off my shoulder onto the bed for adventures in Blanketland.

He's so cute I can't hardly stands it, y'all.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:32 am

Flynn sounds adorable Unicorn! My Colin enjoys a good play in Blanketland!

This happened yesterday...but I think it still counts!
My husband got Colin out of his cage for playtime and I came in the room saw him in my husband's hands and said "Hello Colin" to him in my usual way. When he heard me Colin got all excited and demanded to come across to my hand rather than start exploring my husbands arms like it looked like he was planning to. He then immediately demanded stroking! He does this my nudging my thumb or a finger with his cheek. It was so cute!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:42 pm

Aaa that's so adorable! The other day my Poppop came over, and he was so eager to let Flynn run on him (he loves animals and thinks Flynn is just adorable- which of course he is). But Flynn was not having it, and I don't know if it was because my smell is the most familiar to him or because Pop's hands tend to be cold- maybe a bit of both! I felt bad but it was kind of endearing too, he's a Momma's boy!
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by mouseman Thu 05 Jan 2017, 6:32 pm

today odin kinda sat in my hand and looked at me like, "okay well where's the treat?" And i had my sister visit him today and he ran up, stole the puff and then ran off again.
mouseman
mouseman
Jr Member
Jr Member

Virgo Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 06 Jan 2017, 9:34 pm

I gave the girls some of the guinea pig's hay in a TP tube and they sparked all over the place! But somehow they all ended up in one corner chomping on one extra long piece... together. Teamwork! Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Wed 11 Jan 2017, 9:50 am

Haha! Go team!

Flynn still can't decide if he is really into cuddles or if they are annoying and to be slithered away from. He definitely loves coming out to play though, and once out he's not afraid to be picked up or to crawl on me- still nervous of having me pick him up or of climbing on me when he's in his tank. One day, the lightbulb is going to come on that if he climbs on my hand while in the cage, I'll take him out and he can play. Razz
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Wed 11 Jan 2017, 12:20 pm

Haha, I absolutely love reading all of these stories!

So yesterday I had my arm in the girls' cage and the usual happened: one mouse runs off to hide while the other two crawl onto my hand and explore my arm. Once playtime was done, I split a pumpkin seed in half and gave a piece to each of the girls who was interacting with me. They both took it and ran off to opposite corners of the cage. But then, one of them came back to my hand looking for another treat! I realized that she had actually not eaten her treat, but delivered it to the mouse that was hiding in the igloo. It was so adorable how they share and care for each other like that! Then, of course, I gave the generous mouse another half of seed to enjoy Very Happy

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Wed 11 Jan 2017, 4:37 pm

I was brushing my hair using a bristle brush and Colin was exploring the blankets. I put my brush on the bed while I plaited my hair and Colin came up and looked like he was trying to brush himself! He would start at one end, run along brushing that side of his body, then turn around and go back the other way!!!
I found a very soft baby brush and gently brushed him. He loved it and then couldn't stop sparking enough to continue!! It was really cute and really funny!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon 16 Jan 2017, 6:22 pm

Flynn had a big day yesterday!

I got some corncob bedding for his cage to aid with odor control. Mixed it in with his regular bedding, soft papery stuff I have no intention of replacing, just augmenting. As long as I was cleaning his cage, I gave him a corner-shaped hidey house using two PopTart boxes with his sock inside, and on top of these I put a shallow dish and filled it with sand for him to dig in. That day he also got fresh cabbage and a smidge of cooked chicken.

Well! The excitement was never-ending. He sparked all over, blink-hopping around the cage as he alternately dug around in the bedding and grabbed pieces of the new corncob stuff to eat (scaring me, little brat!), ran on his wheel, climbed on his wishing well, and climbed up to sniff at the scary sandbox.

Oh my goodness he was so cute with the sandbox. He climbed on the edge, sniffed the sand, put a paw in it. Would not walk out onto the sand, but only around the edges of the dish. Eventually he decided he did indeed want to dig (and ended up picking up little bits of sand and eating that, too, good lord child is there anything you won't put in your mouth?) but he was still afraid to stand fully on the sand so he leaned out as far as he could and dug with front paws only- so funny!

He's such a delight. I love to watch him play.

Eventually he figured out the sand wouldn't kill him if he stood on it and he merrily emptied half the dish.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by peas Mon 16 Jan 2017, 7:57 pm

My mouse heard me get up so she went to bed.

Like the moment my alarm went off and i started to get up, she got a drink and then headed to bed. She does this all the time.

I could get up 2 hours earlier than normal and she'll just be like "ok, bed time early".
But hey, i've only had her 11 months. lol

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum