Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What cute thing did your mouse do today?

+8
MooMouse
mouseman
stephlisa
GabbiLuvsMice
dragonmyst
scaredymouse
Peachy
Unicorn
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What cute thing did your mouse do today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What cute thing did your mouse do today?

Post by Unicorn Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:23 am

Took Flynn out last night for his nightly cuddle and wander in Blanketland. I can't figure out if he enjoys handling or just puts up with it to get to play, haha! He'll beg for attention and dance around trying to get me to come over, but when I put my hand in the cage, he just sniffs it and won't step up. Once out, he loves playing and exploring. I try to pet him gently with a finger for a little bit each day in a bid to get him to see I'm his friend (and also because I just worry he's not getting enough touch since he doesn't have another mousie to groom him and such). But I don't know what he thinks of it. He'll huddle down into my hand and then start washing his face while I stroke him, I hope that means he's comfortable but I'm not sure. Yesterday he went full into the grooming routine so he cleaned his foot and then went to scratch himself with it and bopped me in the finger with his wildly flailing foot, it was fairly adorable.

I guess I'm just not sure why he's so reluctant to step up and come out when he seems to like BEING out and seems to want it. Even when offered something else to step onto to come out to play he tends to be suspicious of it and wander around it rather than get on or in it. By now I can't imagine he doesn't realize that's the way to get out, so if out is what he wants why is he scared to step up???? If I give up and leave him be he'll resume dancing and jumping- "wait wait come back, attention!"

Elaborate Mouse Conspiracy! Cool
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

What cute thing did your mouse do today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What cute thing did your mouse do today?

Post by CallaLily Sun 29 Jan 2017, 11:00 am

He sounds adorable.

I'd say grooming himself while you're holding/petting him is a sign that he feels safe and comfortable. I think mice are generally suspicious of anything placed in their space that smells different. Maybe try rubbing some of his bedding on your hand first or using a tube or box that already smells like him to lift him out?

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Sun 29 Jan 2017, 8:19 pm

He'll actually avoid going into/on things I might pick up during these times- but then continues to beg for playtime! Baby, you can't BE out unless you COME out! Laughing

I'll try to take a video tonight and maybe get some insight about Mr Sillypants.

You're right though, he's super adorable. Wink

Edit: No video yet, I got distracted by him coming out for playtime with one eye seemingly unable to open, don't know if he poked it somehow or if he's got something going on or what, so I took him out and dampened a cotton ball with some warm water and then washed his wee face with it- he did not care for that but it seemed to fix the issue and he doesn't have any redness or swelling that I can see. I'll keep an eye on him! I rubbed down the length of his side with my thumb because he was all upset about the face washing and I was trying to soothe him, and he seemed to quite like that, leaned into it and closed his eyes, then washed his wet face and gave himself a little mohawk haha. Poor baby.

Put him back inside so he could go run and check whether I put any new treats in his wishing well... I'm starting to think these creatures are spoiled... Angel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by VgKing Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:30 am

Nothing exciting. Smokey was just laying around and moving up and down his house.

VgKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Tue 31 Jan 2017, 8:42 am

VgKing wrote:Nothing exciting. Smokey was just laying around and moving up and down his house.

That's okay, everything they do is cute! I love to watch them play. :3
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by VgKing Tue 31 Jan 2017, 9:02 am

Unicorn wrote:
VgKing wrote:Nothing exciting. Smokey was just laying around and moving up and down his house.

Yeah I also love it. Sometimes I wonder what's going through their minds when they are staring at me.

VgKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Tue 31 Jan 2017, 5:22 pm

VgKing wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

Yeah I also love it. Sometimes I wonder what's going through their minds when they are staring at me.

My guess: "Do they have a treat? I wonder if there's a treat. Maybe I will get one. I like treats."
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by peas Sat 04 Feb 2017, 9:07 pm

I wouldn't call it cute exactly but Nutty took her sweet time getting up for her medicine treat today.

She got up when she heard my alarm go off but i took 15 minutes to read a forum and sort of wake up to some sports news.   By the time i washed my hands she was in her little lair which although narrow is vast and multi-layered and was going back to bed. She thought she missed treat time, so she was off to bed. She only got up when the alarm went off for her treat, she was in the middle of her sleep.

So i spent quite a few minutes poking at her tunnel complex and calling her name.   I ended up having to shake it and claw at it before she got the message that i wasn't going away!

So then she crawls out of her tunnel and sparks her way to the treat!   Then she wanted to play but i was taking my dog out and already falling behind.    She did much climbing and hunting for food, as i came in and out of my room to get ready.   She was searching for anything not barley, but barley was all she had left.  

No new food til you finish your barley!

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon 06 Feb 2017, 10:53 am

Hahaha! Too cute. She's no dummy, she knows what she wants. XD
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Selk Mon 06 Feb 2017, 5:56 pm

Maps hung out on my lap in the bathtub today. He let me pick him up and cuddle with him. Got in some good cheekrubs and I could have swore I saw some bruxing (but that could be wishful thinking).

Selk

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Sun 12 Feb 2017, 8:35 pm

Haha, after I gave Flynn his medicine, I was letting him run around in my hoodie (he loves that). I was still in the bathroom (where I dose him, it has the best lighting) so I was watching him in the mirror while he poked his nose out to sniff at new smells. You could see the moment he discovered my ear- "ooh!" He stuffed his whole head inside to see if there was anything for mice to discover (which tickled). When that didn't work he tried to widen the hole by digging at the side of my ear (which also tickled). Then he found my earring and turned his attention to that, as naturally earrings are toys for mice. When he discovered he couldn't get it loose he got very frustrated and I ended up having to redirect him before he did succeed in yanking it off.

It was like disgustingly cute, y'all. He loves hoodie riding. I would let him hang out in there all day if I didn't worry something might happen to him.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Selk Tue 21 Feb 2017, 11:21 am

Omg the discovery of ears is always so funny, love how tickly their whiskers are!

Maps is out for playtime on my table while I do homework on my computer. I had some floss on the table I had just briefly put down and next thing I know he's got it in his mouth, hands on either side gripping the floss. He looks like he's cleaning his teeth! After discovering it wasn't tasty he dropped it and went back to adventuring.

Selk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 21 Feb 2017, 12:10 pm

Haha! That would've been a great picture!!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Sat 25 Feb 2017, 11:00 pm

Both cute and not-cute, last night I woke up to a strange racket coming from Flynn's cage. He was chewing on the adorable wishing well decoration I spent entirely too much money on (even on sale- I mean, it wasn't expensive, just more than one might generally spend on a decoration for a mouse cage that adds nothing more than a cuteness factor).

I thought the entire thing was resin... well apparently the two sticks that hold up the top of it are actually wood. Woops. I think I can repair it, I mean the current sticks will have to be removed but I can probably replace them with ironically, some of those chew sticks you buy at the pet shop. It does mean it will no longer be an appropriate toy for Flynn specifically, too bad as he loved to find treats in it and climb on top of it for a better view of things, but no matter, I'll find something else. Unless I can find something to coat the wood in or can find a way to make sturdier, safer posts (but I don't know how I'd do that unless I could find a way to cast them in resin and I think that'd be hard on such a small scale, I'll ask a guy I know who does little miniatures for games if he has any tips but I'm guessing I'll need to use sticks in the end).

I shamelessly took two of the wooden chew sticks from the hamster cage (that he never has touched) and gave them to Flynn instead. He went to it with a will as if I'd just handed him a super tasty treat. He got self conscious that I was watching him gnaw "geez mom, I don't stare at you when you brush your teeth!" So he pulled it behind the wheel to nibble in peace. Laughing

Now that he's not harassed from constant scratching he's put on some weight and is nice and plump with a lush coat. He still won't step up on the hand but he loves to play, to be petted and scratched, and to ride in the hood. When I put my hand in for him he'll sometimes grab the tip of my finger in his two front paws and sniff it. It's like he's holding my hand and it's adorable.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2