Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can mice surivive in the cold while being transported?

4 posters

Go down

Can mice surivive in the cold while being transported?  Empty Can mice surivive in the cold while being transported?

Post by Fancymouse52 Fri 13 Jan 2017, 4:53 am

I'm going away for a few days and am planning on taking my pet mice with me, i was wondering is it safe to transport them from the house to the car and from the car to the house (like a 10 second walk at the most) will they survive in the cold? Their cage will be wrapped in a blanket and towel and the heating will be up to the max in the car. Thanks Smile
Fancymouse52
Fancymouse52

Libra Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Can mice surivive in the cold while being transported?  Empty Re: Can mice surivive in the cold while being transported?

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 13 Jan 2017, 5:50 am

For ten seconds, they'll be fine! Just heat your car before you bring them in.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Can mice surivive in the cold while being transported?  Empty Re: Can mice surivive in the cold while being transported?

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 13 Jan 2017, 2:20 pm

The cold is only an issue if they're sitting in it for an extended time period. A few seconds of exposure to the cold won't harm them.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:20 pm

they will absolutely be fine. just make sure they have plenty of bedding in the carrier and the car is warm. transporting them to/from the car is fine.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down