Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chirping and Squeaking?

3 posters

Go down

Chirping and Squeaking? Empty Chirping and Squeaking?

Post by Plazmotech Tue 17 Jan 2017, 11:56 pm

My mice often chirp and squeak. The chirps sound like little sneezes. Often accompanied by like a heard jerk. They do it a lot when they're exploring things inside their cage. I'm worried this might be like… actual sneezes. Are they allergic to something inside the cage or something?

The second thing they do is a little squeak. Just sounds like they're happy or distressed, but its scared me a few times thinking they were fighting. Never caught them doing it though, they like to squeak at night time.

Are these noises normal? I've heard a lot of people say mice should be quiet. But mine sure do like to make noise.

Plazmotech

Psychedelic

Back to top Go down

Chirping and Squeaking? Empty Re: Chirping and Squeaking?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 18 Jan 2017, 1:01 am

The first thing you described sounds like sneezing, and it could possibly be an allergy. One of my mice does something like that and I haven't figured out exactly what she's allergic to. She's been like that since the day I got her though. Did you notice it just recently or has it been a while? If it was just recently, watch and make sure it doesn't get worse, as it could be something more serious than allergies.

The squeaking is probably just them communicating. Unless there is loud, continuous squeaks, followed by chasing and/or biting, then I wouldn't worry too much.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 18 Jan 2017, 4:39 am

Some mice are more vocal than others. Some chirp when the are being groomed, some chatter all the time, and sometimes they chuff. My Furgie used to chuff all the time, sorta sounds like a sneeze. She only did it when she got excited though. Your mice could be sneezing, but just like people, that is to be expected sometimes, especially if their bedding is dusty.

So, depending on the circumstances, the noises you described could be normal. If you don't see any actual fighting, I wouldn't worry about the squeaking at all. It could be sweet grooming chirps or little disagreements between sisters, both normal. And the sneezing sounds, pay attention to when it happens, how often/how long, just one mouse or all of them, is it getting worse, etc.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down