Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

um, i think i may have a situation

+5
EverythingAnimal
Iri4810
Peachy
CallaLily
scaredymouse
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

um, i think i may have a situation  Empty um, i think i may have a situation

Post by scaredymouse Fri 10 Feb 2017, 3:03 am

So, I think it's possible that my new girl George might be pregnant. She seems a lot more round than she was a few days ago. And it doesnt feel like fat...it feels firm. Also, I have never gotten a chubby mouse from the feeder bin. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I weighed her today, so I'll monitor her I guess. I totally want babies but this isn't the best time! And my hubby would freak out! Good news is that Georgie is really friendly and I have one extra tank on hand.

This is the only pic I could get of her. All mice look round like this but she's really round! Eek! If she's not pregnant, I'm prolly gonna be sad even though I really can't support a whole belly full of babies right now.

um, i think i may have a situation  Wp_20171

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

um, i think i may have a situation  Empty Re: um, i think i may have a situation

Post by CallaLily Fri 10 Feb 2017, 7:41 am

Awww. I know you got this. Keep us in the loop!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

um, i think i may have a situation  Empty Re: um, i think i may have a situation

Post by Peachy Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:57 am

Babies, babies, babies... how exciting!!

My first possibly pregnant mouse came from a mixed tank... I was living with my parents and my dad and I were already fighting over the smell of two tanks, so it was probably good that she didn't end up having any babies. Laughing

Can't wait 'til you know for sure! Bouncy
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 12 Feb 2017, 3:25 am

Ack, the suspense is killing meeeee! I weighted her and she's 44g, so she has put on 6 grams in the last 3 days and she's 20g heavier than get sisters that I got the same day as her. And I swear they were all the same size!

She's all set up in her own tank and I'm prepared for anything. I could most likely keep all of them too, unless she has like 20 babies. Even though I don't need any more animals in this house, i think I'm going to be sad if she's not pregnant ☹

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:42 pm

Yeah. I totally have a situation. I'm going too be a grandmother. This mouse for sure looks like she swallowed a golf ball. Hope to have baby picture soon. She sure is pretty ❤

um, i think i may have a situation  Wp_20186

um, i think i may have a situation  Wp_20189

um, i think i may have a situation  Wp_20188

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:59 pm

Yes! How wonderful would Valentine's babies be? I guess she'll have... eleven. Giggling
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:53 pm

I could handle 3 boys and 6 girls... So I would like 9!

And I hadn't even thought about it... Valentines babies! Squeeeee!

She's doing so good. She loves my chicken and is eating really well. She likes the tissue box and hangs out in there, but hasn't moved in, she's still loves that critter bath. But that little thing won't contain those babies!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 14 Feb 2017, 12:25 am

This is quite the nest!!! Maybe tonight?!?!?

um, i think i may have a situation  Wp_20191

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Iri4810 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 3:41 am

Oh how exciting!! I know you'll get some beautiful babies!! Congrats Smile

Angel Poppi  Angel
Iri4810
Iri4810

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Feb 2017, 8:20 pm

So when I got up this morning, I found momma doing loop de loops on her wheel, skinny as can be. I only peeked in for a second but didn't hear any squeaks. Tonight, I tossed in some chicken and cheerios and she hopped on my hand. I have her a kiss and tossed he back in. I don't hear any squeaks, I hope they are sleeping Sad

Now, I'm just sitting here staring at the tank. I guess I'll just keep sitting here waiting for something. I guess either way, I'm glad to see she's happy and healthy.

That crazy mouse wants to come out so bad she's spider mousing! Hi, Georgie, you just had babies. Take a break!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 15 Feb 2017, 8:37 pm

What a pretty mouse! Those pups are going to be beautiful! They have a trio with a mouse that looks just like that at Petsmart and I'm so tempted to swoop them up. Congrats on babies! Hopefully you will get to see them soon!

Gee I have to catch myself up! Been a couple weeks since my last visit.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Feb 2017, 8:47 pm

I'm just sitting here with beads of sweat on my forehead.  I know everything that can possibly go wrong, so is hard for me to relax when i don't hear squeaks and momma is being crazy.  She's doing this spider mouse loop. Jumps to the lid, goes across the lid, then drops to the top off the wheel, clings on and weeeeee fall down.  Then again.  She does pop her head into the nest on occasion...

Arg.i won't be able to exhale until I hear dem babies!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 15 Feb 2017, 9:25 pm

I know "rules" are not to disturb until 3 days, but if Mom wants to come out, just pop her into a playpen away from the babies and peak into the nest real quick. They're probably fine, just content and quiet. And Mom is excited to not be fat and uncomfortable anymore. Laughing

So exciting! You can also listen for squeaks when Mom goes in and doesn't run right back out. Babies usually squeak over who gets to eat first. Giggling
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:20 pm

I peeked. I saw a couple naked jellybeans and promptly got out and covered my tracks. She loves me and and everything in there smells like me anyway since I hand shredded all the nest bedding. I have no idea how many were in there, I just had to see signs of life! Momma is a riot though. She feels great and is happy as a clam and having fun. She is so darn friendly... Kinda like Goose. Just always happy to see me, always wants to come out, and so full of joix de vive.

What an adventure. I'm not sure if she had them last night or today but to me their bday is going to be valentine's day. And they are all getting sweet valentines names like valentine, candy, lovey, rose, cupid, flower, sweets, cocoa... Stuff like that. I'm open to any other valentine names. I'm still getting my list together. Oh, I was also going to name a girl and a boy after our dear friends and eternal valentines, Sam & Norman. Already got permission, and she loves it.

Its going to be a long 72 hours.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 16 Feb 2017, 4:04 am

Yay, Momma is in the nest with the babies and I hear a couple tiny little squeaks. Babies!!!!! Squeeeeee! I'm a grandma Smile

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum