Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitakraft VitaSmart or Sun Seed Vita Prima?

5 posters

Go down

Vitakraft VitaSmart or Sun Seed Vita Prima? Empty Vitakraft VitaSmart or Sun Seed Vita Prima?

Post by PastelMouse Sat 08 Apr 2017, 12:56 pm

I've been looking at nutrition info for a while now, and have narrowed down my options to these two foods. They seem very similar, is one better? I know the Sun Seed is a little more for 2 pounds, is the quality any nicer?

Also if I feed one of these do I have to worry about picky eating? If you have 2 mice will they get uneven amounts of food? (Undecided yet if I'm getting 2 females or 1 male.)
PastelMouse
PastelMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Vitakraft VitaSmart or Sun Seed Vita Prima? Empty Re: Vitakraft VitaSmart or Sun Seed Vita Prima?

Post by CallaLily Sat 08 Apr 2017, 3:03 pm

The Vita Prima is usually the one most recommended but the Vita Smart has more true whole variety.

Vita Prima: has four whole foods listed before calcium carbonate, anything listed after that you can assume there isn't very much of. Eleven whole items total. 13% crude protein.

Vita Smart: has nine whole foods listed before calcium carbonate. Eleven whole items total. 12% crude protein.

They have slightly different ingredients, but both are mainly made up of millet and oats. Vita Smart appears to have more corn.

*According to the websites linked in the diet thread anyway.*

Either one would be fine, though I personally would add in other grains and such to bump up the variety. And of course fresh foods at least twice a week.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Vitakraft VitaSmart or Sun Seed Vita Prima? Empty Re: Vitakraft VitaSmart or Sun Seed Vita Prima?

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Sat 08 Apr 2017, 7:12 pm

I use Vitakraft Vitasmart and add oats for digestion help.

GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by PastelMouse Thu 04 May 2017, 7:24 pm

GabbiLuvsMice wrote:I use Vitakraft Vitasmart and add oats for digestion help.

If I do this, is there a specific type/amount of oats I should use?

(Also sorry for late message)

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 05 May 2017, 6:47 pm

I just use Vitakraft Vitasmart. I give them some kind of extra treat everyday to add a little variety to their diet, though. Sometimes I'll sprinkle chia seeds in everyone's tanks, and they have so much fun searching for them all. I do the same sometimes with flax seeds or hemp seed, or all of them at once. It adds a variety of things to their diet for them scavenge for. These are the treats I'll do that with:

Popcorn
Chia seeds
Flax seeds
Hemp seeds
Pumpkin seeds
Oats
Dried mealworms
Papaya pieces
Millet

I try to give them a different treat everyday from that list, and I believe it adds variety to their diet.

Then sometimes I will also give them fresh things, their favorites include blueberries, bananas, carrots, and lettuce. So their diet has some extra variety.

Vitakraft VitaSmart or Sun Seed Vita Prima? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by darling679 Thu 25 May 2017, 8:29 pm

I bought my girls the Browns Gourmet Hamster Food today. Is there anything I should watch for or add to that?

darling679

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 26 May 2017, 6:33 am

darling679 wrote:I bought my girls the Browns Gourmet Hamster Food today. Is there anything I should watch for or add to that?

Brown's has good whole variety. You can add in other grains if you like. Fresh veggies twice a week. Check your bags carefully when you buy. There's been a few people who've found mold in their bags of Brown's enough that they won't buy it anymore.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down