Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I love mouse care and am super excited to be here! :)

+3
CinnamonPearl
Peachy
Anna's Animals
7 posters

Go down

I love mouse care and am super excited to be here! :) Empty I love mouse care and am super excited to be here! :)

Post by Anna's Animals Tue 10 May 2016, 12:00 am

Hi! My name is Anna, and presently I have four female mice and three male mice- it feels exciting to even type that, as I actually just adopted the three boys today! Very Happy

The girls are Cecily, Ophelia, Bianca, and Calypso- I adopted them from my local humane society in December of 2015. They used to have two other sisters, Poppy and Cleo, who unfortunately passed away in February of this year Tearful

The three boys are Ralph, Stuart, and Albert! Ralph and Stuart are both named after two of my favorite childhood books, if you can guess which ones Wink

I am huge on adopt, don't shop, so all of my mice are rescues! Which I understand is hard to do in many parts of the world- but I feel super lucky that I am owned by the seven of them  Laughing

I am incredibly passionate about mouse care and run a YouTube channel that is mostly focused on mouse care- back in 2013 I was incredibly saddened by the lack of virtually any mouse youtubers, so I decided to create a channel showing how I care for my mice, in case it was helpful to others. It was actually one of my lovely subbies that suggested I join this forum!

I look forward to hopefully being super active on this forum, and being able to share any information I have learned from caring for all of my past mice, as well as learning from other mouse care owners! Smile

I'm attaching a picture of two of my girls, Cecily and Ophelia- the boys are only four and a half weeks old and still super jumpy, so unfortunately I haven't been able to get any good pictures yet!

I love mouse care and am super excited to be here! :) Img_4510
Anna's Animals
Anna's Animals

https://www.youtube.com/AnnasAnimalsPetCare

Back to top Go down

I love mouse care and am super excited to be here! :) Empty Re: I love mouse care and am super excited to be here! :)

Post by Peachy Tue 10 May 2016, 12:37 am

Welcome, Anna! That's my daughter's name, too. Razz

Cute girls (and names!), I hope you'll share pictures of the rest soon.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

I love mouse care and am super excited to be here! :) Empty Re: I love mouse care and am super excited to be here! :)

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 10 May 2016, 5:56 am

Welcome! Glad to have you on board.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 10 May 2016, 8:01 am

Welcome Anna Smile glad to have you here Very Happy Your girls look very cute indeed!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 10 May 2016, 9:06 am

Welcome2

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Tue 10 May 2016, 1:55 pm

Welcome to the forum Smile
I think I've seen some of your videos when I was deciding what pet to get earlier this year! Smile

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 10 May 2016, 4:31 pm

Welcome to our group! You are in good company.... we are all pretty excited about mice, too. I've got a happy colony of 5 ladies, a tiny little baby girl I got from the feeder bin who is going through quarantine right now, and one gentleman mouse. And a bunch of hamsters and some cats.

Do you have your boys living separately? Bring on the pictures when you get a chance. We love pictures Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna's Animals Tue 10 May 2016, 5:01 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Welcome to our group!  You are in good company.... we are all pretty excited about mice, too.  I've got a happy colony of 5 ladies, a tiny little baby girl I got from the feeder bin who is going through quarantine right now, and one gentleman mouse.  And a bunch of hamsters and some cats.

Do you have your boys living separately?  Bring on the pictures when you get a chance. We love pictures Smile

I for sure will get some pictures up ASAP! I'm just trying to give them a few days to settle in so they're more comfortable Smile

The boys each have their own 20 gallon with a mesh lid- I'm HUGE on keeping boys separate. Lucky I've never made the mistake of housing boys together, but I know people who have and the results are often awful Worry

The girls all live together though- the four of them have a 55 gallon aquarium that they absolutely LOVE!
Anna's Animals
Anna's Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 10 May 2016, 6:00 pm

A fifty-five gallon? Wow that is big! My four girls all share a 20 long. It's all I can fit on my desk.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 10 May 2016, 6:21 pm

scaredymouse wrote: ... and one gentleman mouse.

I totally pictured a mouse with a top-hat, cane and monocle then Cool

A 55 gallon sounds huge Shocked bet they love all that space!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna's Animals Tue 10 May 2016, 6:53 pm

They've really been loving the 55 gallon!! I usually am a 20 gallon long enthusiast (each of my boys has their own, and I've also used them a lot in the past and they seem to be the perfect size), and I had the girls in one for a while- but I was lucky enough to be able to pick up a 55 gallon at Petco's dollar per gallon sale, and it fits literally perfectly on top of my shelves the way I have them set up in my room now!

I love mouse care and am super excited to be here! :) Img_6110

(Also, a better view of the full cage on my channel for those of you who are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7GL34Fd5Z0 )

(A quick note- the cage wasn't on the shelf where it is now when this video was filmed about two weeks ago)
Anna's Animals
Anna's Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 10 May 2016, 7:10 pm

It looks great! Have you ever thought about making popsicle stick MESs for your girls? Most of us on here make them all the time, and mice adore them.

Check them out here! https://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t47-popsicle-stick-mes

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 10 May 2016, 9:58 pm

Oh, my boy is a proper gentleman! His name is Goose, but I affectionately call him Goobey. But... his formal name is Sir Reginald Von Goosington. Definitely the name of a gentleman.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna's Animals Tue 10 May 2016, 10:11 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:It looks great! Have you ever thought about making popsicle stick MESs for your girls? Most of us on here make them all the time, and mice adore them.

Check them out here! https://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t47-popsicle-stick-mes

Yes, I have! I've used them in the past for previous mice, but for some reason these four girls are a lot less careful about where they go to the bathroom than my past mice... meaning I end up having to throw away any popsicle stick or wooden MESs I do happen to make in almost no time at all :/ But I have a box of 1000 popsicle sticks I've been meaning to use for a while now- maybe this weekend I'll set aside some time to make some fun new structures for the girls!
Anna's Animals
Anna's Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 11 May 2016, 7:53 am

My girls pee on everything Laughing I just throw the MES's away if they become too smelly, but it generally takes a while to get to that point.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down