Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird droppings?

2 posters

Go down

Weird droppings? Empty Weird droppings?

Post by daisypiperfiona Wed 03 May 2017, 6:29 pm

Hi! I have a mouse about the age of a month and a few weeks. Her name is Piper, she's long haired and very cute. I was just taking her out to work on training her not to bite in a separate cage, when I noticed she left behind a dropping that was long (about 1/2 an inch) and it was green and moist. I was wondering if this is normal, because I'm a first time mouse owner. At first I was feeding them Small World Complete feed for Mouse & Rat and then I decided I didn't like it because of how many sun flower seeds there were and switched over to vita prima rat, mouse, and gerbil formula. I think she mainly eats the green dyed ones in the food mix, so maybe that could contribute? Also if there is a problem is there anything I can do at home to help her? Thank you!

daisypiperfiona

Back to top Go down

Weird droppings? Empty Re: Weird droppings?

Post by daisypiperfiona Wed 03 May 2017, 6:33 pm

She also seems to drink a ton of water, but it is pretty hard to keep track of because of her two sisters!

daisypiperfiona

Back to top Go down

Post by River Wed 03 May 2017, 9:49 pm

If this is only happening while she's out of her cage, I would say its a nervous trait. Mice (and most rodents) will have weird droppings when they're nervous!

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down